Have had trouble getting the software to work on my Blackberry from day 1.
For some reason, it keeps saying: Backup Assistant has encountered an error. Please close Backup Assistant and try again.
What do I need to do? My new Blackberry Bold will arrive tomorrow and I'd rather not have to manually enter 200 contacts.
My Curve is the 8330 and running v22.214.171.124
Thanks in advance.
I have the Curve 8530 with the latest desktop software. I can't speak for the 8330.
I had to uninstall and reinstall BU Assistant (actually I re-downloaded it to make sure I got a good copy). It's very worth trying.
Have you backed your contacts up to the desktop software? I'm not too familiar with it, being a newbie myself, but it claims to restore contacts. This might be the best way. Or perhaps the tech in the store can transfer for you.
Otherwise, there is a suggestion on myblackberry.com that says you can use bluetooth to share your contacts with another BB. The web page is http://my.blackberry.com/tips/7998 but I don't know if you need to be registered to see that. HEre is what it says (assuming this won't be removed from my message for copying it?): I don't fully understand it because it seems you need to be paired with another BB. Maybe someone here can clarify???
How to share contacts with another BlackBerry smartphone
1. To share contacts with another BlackBerry smartphone, click the Options icon
on the Home screen.
2. Select Bluetooth and scroll down to the device you want to share contacts with.
3. Press the Menu key and click Options.
4. Scroll down to the Contact Transfer field and choose the appropriate setting.
5. Press the Menu key and click Save.
PS - There is another hint on how to pair 2 BBs so you can do the above suggestion:
How to pair your BlackBerry with another Bluetooth-enabled device
1. Click the Manage Connections icon on your Home screen
2. First, verify that the Bluetooth technology is turned On
3. Then select Set Up Bluetooth
4. Click Search to find other devices or Listen to allow your BlackBerry smartphone to be discovered by other Bluetooth devices
5. Click on the device you would like to pair with and enter the Numeric Passkey if required
6. Click Yes
7. To connect to a paired device, click the Options icon on the Home screen
8. Select Bluetooth
9. Click on a Bluetooth enabled device and select Connect