RogerAZ
RogerAZ

I cannot keep the Bluetooth connection enabled.  My handsfree will not pair up with my phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: RogerAZ
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks again, Roger! I've done some research on Parrot Handsfree and here's what I found (click on the BlackBerry logo and then click on your model in the list). It shows that the latest software version tested and confirmed compatible is 4.7.0.65. That's an older version that the one on your phone, so it looks like the software version on your phone has not yet been flagged as compatible with your device. However, it is possible that their website may not yet have been updated to reflect 5.0.0 compatibility. I recommend contacting Parrot directly about this issue. Thanks so much!

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hey there RogerAZ! Bluetooth connection issues can be truly frustrating. I'm sure I can help you to determine what keeps causing this connection failure. I would just like to get more details of the issue. I would need to know whether you have the BlackBerry Storm 1 or 2. I would also like to to know the following:

1. What BlueTooth device are you trying to pair with your BlackBerry?

2. What is failing? The pairing? The connection? Both?

3. Do you see an error message appear on the display of your BlackBerry during or after the failure? If so, what?

Thanks so much. I look forward to your response!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
RogerAZ

I do not know the Blackberry Storm #.  I had to replace my original Black berry with a reconditioned one last year.  This was through the insurance program.  It looks the same as my original & that would make it about 3 years old.

The Bluetooth I have in my car is Parrot hands free.  My old phone worked for over 2 years.  This is the 2nd time the new reconditioned phone has had this problem.

The failure comes at I believe the connection.  When I go to my Manage Connections, I highlight the Bluetooth & the check market stays on for only a few seconds.  Then if I highlight it again & quickly go to pairing the Bluetooth, the screen goes white & the top says “Bluetooth Disabled”.  In my opinion the search never starts looking for the device.

There is no error message that comes up.

I am glad you sent me a message.  I truly have been feeling that Verizon did not care if this problem was solved.  2 calls to support both have not been followed by anyone.

The last call had me completely wiped out & restore factory defaults.  This took me quite some time to reload my phone.  Again no follow up.

I now you this phone in my car with an earpiece.  Very inconvenient. 

Thanks,

Roger

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Roger! To find out which version of Storm you have, go to the menu screen on the BlackBerry, then go to Options, and then go to About. The model number will be at the top. It will either by a 9530 (Storm) or a 9550 (Storm 2). While you're in that menu, also check the software version you have. You'll find that 1 or 2 lines below the model number with a "v" in front of the number (example: v5.0.0.224 Platform 4.2.0.67).

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
RogerAZ

V5.0.0.328 (Platform 4.2.0.128)

Thanks,

Roger <personal infromation deleted per the TOS>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<Please do not include personal information on the Verizon Wireless Community per the Terms of Service (TOS) for the community.  You can find a copy of the TOS under the community announcements.  Please be aware when replying by email, any signature line will be included in the post.>

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks again, Roger! I've done some research on Parrot Handsfree and here's what I found (click on the BlackBerry logo and then click on your model in the list). It shows that the latest software version tested and confirmed compatible is 4.7.0.65. That's an older version that the one on your phone, so it looks like the software version on your phone has not yet been flagged as compatible with your device. However, it is possible that their website may not yet have been updated to reflect 5.0.0 compatibility. I recommend contacting Parrot directly about this issue. Thanks so much!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes