Skype for Blackberry not making phone calls...All I get is "Please Wait" then nothing
nrds35
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently installed Skype on Blackberry 8530 Curve.  I am able to see contacts, receive/send IMs, and receive calls.  However, when I attempt to call someone from the contact list, either Skype or phone number, nothing happens.  I get the box that says "Please Wait" but the phone never switches over to the call screen.  The call never goes through.  I have updated to the latest OS, reinstalled, updated permissions...I am at a loss as to how to remedy this problem.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Skype for Blackberry not making phone calls...All I get is "Please Wait" then nothing
nrds35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solved this one this morning.  In order to correct this problem you have to go to the Application Permissions.  Navigate to Options<Applications.  Once in Applications select Skype and use the menu button to select Edit Permissions.  Set all of the permissions to "Default."  Once I did this, the phone was able to place calls!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Skype for Blackberry not making phone calls...All I get is "Please Wait" then nothing
nrds35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solved this one this morning.  In order to correct this problem you have to go to the Application Permissions.  Navigate to Options<Applications.  Once in Applications select Skype and use the menu button to select Edit Permissions.  Set all of the permissions to "Default."  Once I did this, the phone was able to place calls!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm glad you were able to solve your problem, and thanks for sharing the solution with the rest of us!
0 Likes
filanto

tried this on my tour but did not work.  I still can not dial with skype as I did before I had updated the OS.  to the newest release

0 Likes
nrds35
Enthusiast - Level 2

is your skype the latest version? did you update to 5.0.0.975 for the Tour? i would say go in and set the permissions to default and then don't restart the phone...see if this works

0 Likes
filanto

Just tried it with the latest OS, worked until I reinstalled the backup of my data.  Looks as if something is breaking it and is in my backup.  Tried to do a selective restore but it didn't work.  Doing a security wipe and see if it works then.  If it does I guess I'll have to manually setup my phone again.  A nuisance, but not life ending

0 Likes