Text Issues with Blackberry Curve 8530
JB38

I am able to receive text messages, however, when I reply to those text messages they are not being received by the other party that I am texting.  I called Verizon last night, and was told that it would be 24 hours to look into this.  It was working fine this morning, and by this afternoon they stopped again.  I am however able to send an MMS text but not a SMS text.  This is my first phone with Verizon and this not making a very good impression on me.  Can someone please help?

0 Likes
Re: Text Issues with Blackberry Curve 8530
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you. The problem you are experiencing is a issue that our technicians are aware of. A trouble ticket has been issued.  We are working diligently to resolve the problem. At this time a Estimated Time of Resolution has not been set. The workaround is to delete any current conversation threads and address the message with 10 digits only. You can edit any contacts to only 10 digits as well. 

0 Likes
AE

I had the same issue a few weeks ago after the last update. I took my phone to the Verizon store and after 2 hours of trying to fix it the only solution was to send me a replacement phone. Hopefully you have the insurance on the phone and they can send you a replacement. When I went to the store there was another woman that came in with the same issue. They said they were going to look into it. What you can do in the meantime is make sure you backup all your information using the backup assistant so that if you need to get a replacement your contacts and other info will be saved.

Since getting my replacement it has been working fine. I have had Verizon for many years and this is the first problem so I hope it doesn't turn you away! I hope this information was helpful! Good luck 😃

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

There is a little workaround for those having problems with the dialing issue.  Go to Options>Phone Options>Smart Dialing and set the following:

Country Code:  United States +1

Area Code:  (whatever yours is)

**Important**National Number Length: 9

Use 1 for National Dialing:  NO

Press the Menu Key and Save.

I know it does not seem right to dial a 9 number length, but I have found this to dial the area code and number (10 digits) and works.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes