Torch vs Tour?
KappaJules

Hi fellow "Crackberry" enthusiasts---or, those disenchanted owners!

I'm on my 3rd BB; I've owned a Pearl, Curve &, now, Torch. So far, I haven't had any problems w/my service, etc., and primarily use the cell for twitter, texts, google and the: calendar/email/camera functions. So, in general, it'd seem like all's well; however, I have (freakishly) small thumbs, so the touch screen is problematic. Despite my better judgement, I should've shelled out the extra money and bought the Blackberry Bold. How do you all like the Tour? Have you experienced any problems? Are there any other cells you'd recommend?

Thanks for listening!

Always,

Jules

0 Likes
Re: Torch vs Tour?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Hi, Jules. How long have you had the Torch? Meaning, will you get used to the touch screen? Once I got used to using a virtual keyboard, I find it easier now than the physical keyboard.

Two concerns about switching to a Tour: The operating system, as you know, is older and slower and I think you might be disappointed going back. However, you didn't mention browsing in your list of uses, so maybe it wouldn't bother you as much for that reason. Second, the Tour had trackball issues, from what I remember, so you'd want to try the device before you buy it. The trackball unit itself can be replaced, but that may not solve the issue.

IDK, I've been back and forth on BlackBerrys for years, and I suspect you might feel nostalgic for the QWERTY but actually be disappointed once you have to use the older OS and small display. The good news is, you can probably pick up a Tour for dirt cheap, so it's not like you'll be out that much money if you don't like it!

Let us know what you decide.

Edited to add: As far as other cells, you could buy a used Bold 9930 or 9650, or a Curve 3G, off CrackBerry or elsewhere.

0 Likes
KappaJules

Hi Sydney,

OMG, I had a complete blonde moment and meant the BOLD, haha. I've had the Torch since, a/b, Jan. and, though I've grown used to it, I prefer an actual keyboard. Thanks for your advice, though Smiley Happy. Friends of mine have been trying to encourage me to switch to either a Droid or iPhone---though, I don't feel I'd have much use for all of those apps.

Once again, sorry for the confusion!!!

Jules

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Hahaha! In that case, I fully support your decision to get the Bold. 🙂

0 Likes