Tour OS 5.0.0.591 Fix from Verizon
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, all,

It seems that Verizon has released a small fix for the latest OS release that addresses some of the issues users were having.  See the article at Crackberry at http://crackberry.com/verizon-updates-os-5-0-0-591-tour-9630-users for more information.  Verizon's website offers the original file for 5.0.0.591 for download that was released on 3/30/10.  According to the Crackberry forums, if you have this OS installed, you can get the small download (around 15mb) via wireless update on your phone to patch your 5.0.0.591 OS.  According to users, all you have to do is install the original OS, then once you are up and running wireless update the fix and it should be good.  I understand the browser fix was among the fixes.  I'm not sure about anything else in the fix. 

I'm currently running 5.0.0.419 which I downloaded from Alltel's website and it is running great.  I am going to wait and see if this fixes all of the problems before hasseling with updating again.  If you decide to update...please, back up your phone with Blackberry Desktop Manager.  All you have to do is read a few of the latest posts here in these forums to see a few folks who lost data because they did not back up.  Just thought I would pass this along to you...

Doc

0 Likes