Tour or Curve?
ZenRhapsody

I need to upgrade my phone and service for better email and for occasional HTML browsing.

It looks like Blackberry is a good way to go.

So, for all you real users out there (instead of just sales people!)

What are the REAL differences between the BB Curve 8330 and the BB Tour ??

A sales guys told me the Tour was basically the Curve on steroids (like I really didn't need it). 

What are the benefits?  I want to make sure the extra $150 is worth it to me....

My basic needs are good email service, a keyboard I don't have to multitap, usable screen size (as opposed to the old flip phones), and HTML browser for occasional (but important) use.  Also, durability is important.

If any of you guys know a better phone/plan than BB, let me know that too.  

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Tour or Curve?
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

The Tour has a 250mHz faster proc,180mb more memory, higher mp camera,higher resolution screen, world capabilities.

All of this translates into a snappier phone that can hold more apps, take better pictures which look better on the screen and can make calls all over the world. This is actually the update to the 8830 WE BB not the 8330, that will be out in a few months.

0 Likes
ZenRhapsody

Thanks XtremeBerry.

did you say that there is an upgrade to the 8330 (don't need the GSM capabilities) coming out soon?  If so, any guess as to price points?

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Much like the 83XX series of Curves the new 85XX will have different flavors for all the carriers. Check out the 8520 for Tmobile if you want to see what it will be like. My favorite part is that it will not have a trackball but a trackpad like a laptop. No more dirty or stuck trackballs.
0 Likes
ZenRhapsody

THe only rumors on the net I can find for this curve upgrade say it has been delayed until February 2010.

That kinda sucks.  I really don't want to wait 6 months to upgrade.  I guess the the decision comes down to $49 for last years Curve or $199 for the Tour.  Heck, the price difference pays 5 months of BB data service!

Question - the web site lists $100 'online discounts'.  Can I not get this price in a Verizon store?  How easy is it to upgrade phones via mail?  I usually do it in the store and have the sales or tech guys transfer everything over for me.

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
I believe the $100 is online only but I'm sure a Rep will clarify if I'm wrong.  I've done almost all my upgrades through the mail so I could get the extra cash off and it's been very easy.  VZW ships the phone same day if you do it before a certain time and you receive it within the next day or two.  It comes with very simple instructions on how to switch your number over and everything.  It's all over the air with *228.  You won't even need to call a rep.  I highly recommend the process.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
For mail like Justin said or you can call *611 and do it over the phone which I have gotten deals that I wouldnt have gotten without speaking to a CS rep.
0 Likes