Transferring pics
andyrenee

How can I transfer the pictures off of my Curve to my computer to store. I got a new Droid and I want to load my pics but I don't know how to do it. Can anyone help???

Thank you!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring pics
ScreemsNames
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not a problem.

The USB cord that plugs your BB to your computer.  Plug that in.  Select "USB" from the menu that pops up on your BB.  If you are using windows, go through the motions to view files/folders in explorer (or whatever they're using now-a-days).  If you are using a Linux, *BSD, or OSX operating system, go through the motions to view files/folders in whatever your favorite file manager happens to be.

Right click on the files you want to back up, and select "Copy" from the menu.  Then go to the folder on your computer where you want them saved, right-click in the folder and select "Paste."

You'll find your pictures under the Blackberry/Pictures folder.  To save you a lot of time you could simply right click on the "Pictures" folder on your BB in the file manager and select "Copy" and then paste the whole folder to wherever you want on your computer (that way, you've backed up all your pictures in one move and you can sort through them later).

When you plug the usb cord into your droid, it's pretty much the same thing (select USB, open a file manager, etc) except your copying the files from your computer and then pasting them to your Droid.

Hope that helps.

ScreemsNames

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ScreemsNames
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have both a bb and a droid, and I use USB for both.  My computer sees them both the same as they see memory sticks.  A simple copy and paste, and you're done.

ScreemsNames

PS.  I think you'll love your droid.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
andyrenee

Okay, i'm honest in admitting that i am totally ignorant when it comes to any of this stuff, would you care to elaborate a little more for my simple mind? LOL I am at a complete loss here. I have pics of my deceased dog on here that i don't want to lose. Thanks!!!

0 Likes
ScreemsNames
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not a problem.

The USB cord that plugs your BB to your computer.  Plug that in.  Select "USB" from the menu that pops up on your BB.  If you are using windows, go through the motions to view files/folders in explorer (or whatever they're using now-a-days).  If you are using a Linux, *BSD, or OSX operating system, go through the motions to view files/folders in whatever your favorite file manager happens to be.

Right click on the files you want to back up, and select "Copy" from the menu.  Then go to the folder on your computer where you want them saved, right-click in the folder and select "Paste."

You'll find your pictures under the Blackberry/Pictures folder.  To save you a lot of time you could simply right click on the "Pictures" folder on your BB in the file manager and select "Copy" and then paste the whole folder to wherever you want on your computer (that way, you've backed up all your pictures in one move and you can sort through them later).

When you plug the usb cord into your droid, it's pretty much the same thing (select USB, open a file manager, etc) except your copying the files from your computer and then pasting them to your Droid.

Hope that helps.

ScreemsNames

0 Likes
andyrenee

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! That helps!! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes