URGENT-Storm Firmware Problem
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

I have recieved a message from Verizon on my Storm saying that there was a firmware update available and that the update must be done on a computer.  I downloaded the Desktop Manager (on a Mac) and did the firmware upgrade, about 75% of the update completed then just froze (the progress bar stopped moving on the Storm and on the computer, it said it was waiting for the phone to finish rebooting, which wasn't happening as it was frozen).  It gave me the option to stop the firmware upgrade and it didn't seem to do anything (it said it was cancelling, but it didn't seem to be doing anything), now whenever I try to boot the phone, it gets to about 75% and just freezes (it seems to reboot when I connect it to the Mac with the manager running, but just goes back to loading back up to 75% then freezing again)

Has anybody else experienced something like this?  I don't think I did anything wrong as the phone was supposed to reboot and failed to, so I think it may have something to do with the firmware download itself

0 Likes