Uncaught Exception: 8330 curve disables trackball and keys, cant hard-reset without so now what???
Mike8330

I have a blackberry curve 8330 that on soft reset will allow the track ball to scroll for a very short period during the start up process (after security verification is 100%) but will not allow the track ball button or other keys to work.  Then I get an "Uncaught Exception: 30 c" or "Uncaught Exception 22 c" that alternately come up and that ends the trackball function completely.  No keys, no side buttons, no power keys, no track ball selection, and no track ball button functionality.  I would go through a hard reset but only know the process involving the use of the track ball.  HELP?!

0 Likes
Re: Uncaught Exception: 8330 curve disables trackball and keys, cant hard-reset without so now what???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mike8330!

I'm sorry to learn of these error messages! Let's get to the bottom of this, OK? You have "8330" in your screen name, so I'm assuming you have the Curve 8330?  I did a little research on the error code you're receiving, and I recommend a master reset of the device, so the error code goes away. Here are the steps:

http://vz.to/19ILeEB

Please let me know how this goes for you, I'd like to make sure you're no longer having this issue.

Have you checked out the new Blackberry devices we offer? Ready to upgrade? Just dial #UPG send to check your upgrade eligibilty. Check out our line up here: vzw.com/products

Thank You,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes