Updated Blackberry curve - hate new theme
RK1

I just upgraded my Blackberry curve last evening and I hate the new theme.  Tried following the directions to change and there are no other options but the basic Verizon Wireless one.  Where do I get other options for theme?

0 Likes
Re: Updated Blackberry curve - hate new theme
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Don't you have more theme options when you go to Options>Themes?

Otherwise, look online at CrackBerry.com. Click on Downloads in the top navigation bar, then choose Themes.

0 Likes
Ben_Dover

I have the same problem. I downloaded several new themes from App World, including one by RIM, but it won't let me select anything but the verizon theme on the options>display>screen display menu. I've tried full rebooting several times and regular shutting down and restarts and nothing seems to get it to display the other themes.

0 Likes
burstroc
I have the exact same problem and I hope they open it up soon.
0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

What Version of the OS  did you upgrade to? Not familiar with the Curve Upgrade 

(I have the Bold) But if it's 6.0 version there are No compatible themes yet for OS 6, They just released the beta of Theme builder 6, so it will be a while for new themes.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The OS6 only comes with the one stock Verizon theme.  Those other themes are OS 5 and will not work.  I downloaded the new Theme Builder and I am working on some new themes for OS 6.  Obviously, I have a Bold, so I am working on some themes for my device, but I would be willing to make some for the Curve OS 6.  Tell me what you want in a theme and I will try to see if I can whip you up something.  The themes I make I will let anyone have for free.  Just let me know what features you want. 

Doc

0 Likes
burstroc
Dude! I want a cool black and red theme. I want it to look similar to winamp 2.
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I will see what I can come up with.  The only problem I have found is I can not test the themes.  Normally, you test a theme either on a device or on a simulator within the Theme builder program.  The only simulator they have released is for the Torch.  I can test Bold themes on my Bold.  But, I will be working on something now and hopefully in the next few days they will release some simulators for the other OS 6 devices. 

Doc

0 Likes
burstroc
Thanks for the replies doc. I don't want to seem rude but this sort of thing makes me raise an eyebrow. I realize you're using a theme builder and it's -probably- safe but I need to know as a matter of principle that there's no way anything funky could happen with my data etc before I agree to let some random helpful stranger on the net begin testing stuff on my device. I know my berry asks me if an app can have access to my data. Y'know though. Can you tell me it's all safe?
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi,

I 100% agree with you. The software, Blackberry Theme Studio, is free for download. You can download it and experiment with it and see for yourself. That way, you have piece of mind knowing the files are safe. You brought out a good point.

Doc
0 Likes