Upgrading to BB OS 5.0 on Curve 8330
kmkorey

Is this available on Verizon for the Curve 8330. I got an e-mail from BB saying 5.0 was available for my device but I can't seem to get it to upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

K

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading to BB OS 5.0 on Curve 8330
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

kmkorey wrote:

Is this available on Verizon for the Curve 8330. I got an e-mail from BB saying 5.0 was available for my device but I can't seem to get it to upgrade.

K

Hi,

The latest OS (operating system) for the Blackberry 8330 is 4.5, which can be found at the software download page at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/  I do not think the 8330 has enough memory to support an OS 5 software update.  There are a lot of unsupported OS files out on the internet, but it would make your device run very sluggish due to memory problems.  I always recommend staying with official OS releases as they are tested by Verizon specifically for your device and contain specific data made just for your model.  Hope this helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

kmkorey wrote:

K

Hi,

The latest OS (operating system) for the Blackberry 8330 is 4.5, which can be found at the software download page at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/  I do not think the 8330 has enough memory to support an OS 5 software update.  There are a lot of unsupported OS files out on the internet, but it would make your device run very sluggish due to memory problems.  I always recommend staying with official OS releases as they are tested by Verizon specifically for your device and contain specific data made just for your model.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Go to BBTweaks.com and read the postings about their hybrid OS 5.0 for the BB 8330. I ran it on my old 8330 for nearly a year and was very pleased with the speed and performance. They have shrunk out all the uneccessary files so that it ends up being smaller than the 4.5 OS. Good luck!

0 Likes