Using different cell operator with BB Verizon.
garoto530

Hi, I'm currently in Brazil, I have a verizon blackberry tour 9630. I inserted a different Chip, TIM operator in Brazil, I can call but I can't access the blackberry network, and I can't get the message when I dial *222# to check my balance, instead it makes a call, as if I hadn't put the # at the end.

Please help.

0 Likes
Re: Using different cell operator with BB Verizon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi garoto530, I sure hope you're having fun in Brazil! I wish I was there too! Before leaving the US, did you call us to have your Blackberry unlocked? Is that the unlock code you're using for the new SIM card? If everything is unlocked and you're using another carrier's SIM card and service, all troubleshooting falls on the carrier. I suggest stopping in at TIM store for assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
garoto530

Hi, I unlocked the phone before leaving, and now I´m using a CHIP from around here, but I´m unable to use the blackberry messenger, and the blackberry logo is not appearing, I called the carrier and they couldn´t help at all. They said that they don´t give assistance for mobile phones bought outside the brazilian territory, I thought perhaps there was something to do with the phone, some kind of settings that I had to change, if you could help me, I´ll be greateful...

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi garoto530,

Sorry about the delay in our response. Let's get to the bottom of this once and for all. We no longer have access to troubleshoot your device since you no longer have service with us. I would suggest to reach out to Blackberry for further assistance blackberry.com.

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
peddens

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting violations per the .  See for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes