Using my old 8330 just to talk/text
ash26

I've had the Curve 8330 for two years.  I just upgraded my teenager from a basic phone and "gave" him my data plan because I just didn't use it enough.

The problem is this.  I really like the Curve for texting and talking.  Is there any way I can keep it and just use it that way without the data plan?  I have fulfilled my contract.  Why should I have to give up the phone if I want to keep it just without the data plan?

0 Likes
Re: Using my old 8330 just to talk/text
Spiral
Master - Level 1

ash26 wrote:

I've had the Curve 8330 for two years.  I just upgraded my teenager from a basic phone and "gave" him my data plan because I just didn't use it enough.

The problem is this.  I really like the Curve for texting and talking.  Is there any way I can keep it and just use it that way without the data plan?  I have fulfilled my contract.  Why should I have to give up the phone if I want to keep it just without the data plan?

You will not be able to keep your Curve on the Verizon network without a data plan.  There is not any way around that requirement. 

I understand your frustration and agree that the option should be available but at this time Verizon's policy is that all Blackberry's require a data plan. 

My guess is that Verizon got sick and tired of irresponsible users asking for credit on data charges for smartphones without data plans in the past.  Not saying you would do that, but those previous 'actions' resulted in the current Verizon policy.

0 Likes