Using other GPS programs
MikeLG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Curve and just switched over from AT&T and had a Curve there. I am a golfer and use GolfLogix. It worked great and I wanted to switch over. I am told by GolfLogix support that Verizon blocks all third party GPS products and I can't use it on my new phone. What? Every other provider allows it on any GPS capable device. Why the block? I would also rather use Google Maps rather than their mapping program and that is blocked as well. Is there any hope this can be released or corrected?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using other GPS programs
MikeLG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am new to the Forum and  just did a search on the GPS unlock issue. I see there have been numerous complaints and posts.

Big problem in my mind. I am tempted to go back to AT&T and can do it easily since my company can do either. This is ridiculous that they block it. Google Maps is far better than their app and GolfLogix is a super program. Does anyone from corporate read these posts?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MikeLG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am new to the Forum and  just did a search on the GPS unlock issue. I see there have been numerous complaints and posts.

Big problem in my mind. I am tempted to go back to AT&T and can do it easily since my company can do either. This is ridiculous that they block it. Google Maps is far better than their app and GolfLogix is a super program. Does anyone from corporate read these posts?

0 Likes
pmcd1962
Contributor - Level 1

So is this true? 29.99 mandatory and they block third party apps?

0 Likes