V Cast Apps
jessh52390

My curve will not connect to VCast apps keeps saying connection error but everything else is working fine.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: V Cast Apps
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Your profile states you have a Blackberry Curve.  Which Curve do you have?  Is it the 9330 or the 8530, or the 8330? The latter, 8330 is not listed as a compatible device for VCast Apps.  If you do have a compatible device, there might just be a problem on Verizon's side.  Sometimes the server might be down on weekends for maintainence.  I hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
cb1091
I am having the same problem. It's not just the weekend cause I tried using it this past Friday and it didn't work. If it doesn't work Monday, what should I do?
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Again, make sure your device is listed as a compatible device for VCast Apps.  See my earlier post for more info.  If you have a compatible device, then I would call customer service at *611 from your Verizon Wireless device.

Doc

0 Likes
cb1091
Doc,
My device is compatible or it wouldn't have came with the app already installed. I have the 9330. When I go into the app it says that I need to update V Cast Apps, but when I go to update it, it says unable to update.
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

cb1091 wrote:
Doc,
My device is compatible or it wouldn't have came with the app already installed. I have the 9330. When I go into the app it says that I need to update V Cast Apps, but when I go to update it, it says unable to update.

Hey,

Thanks for letting me know which device you have.  I could not tell from your earlier posts.  Have you called customer service?  Ask if they are having problems with the server.  If that is not the case, I would delete the app from my device and then reinstall it.  Let us know what happens.

Doc

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for all the responses.  I would follow Doc’s suggestion and uninstall the app and reinstall it.  If that doesn’t work the next step I would suggest is to do a master reset on the device.  There are no known issues with the vcast app on the 9330.  The steps for a master reset are as follows:

From the main screen, press Blackberry Key> Scroll to Options, press Trackpad> Scroll to Security Options, press Trackpad> Scroll to Security Wipe, press Trackpad.

Select the options:

• Emails, Contacts, etc.
  • User Installed Applications

Thank you.

0 Likes
rucksackjack

i am having the same problem as well

0 Likes
SKB3FROG

My V Cast apps will not work either. I keep getting an error message. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I called Verizon and they are "looking into the issue" and this was 2 days ago, they couldn't seem to figure it out either. It came installed on here and I am very frustrated that it won't work. Help someone!

0 Likes
llsnyder8

Same problem here. VCast apps on my bb curve 8530 keeps saying network error.  I bought games and apps from my computer and it said they were sent to my phone, but I cant find them.  Customer service was not help.  They are "looking into the problem".  I deleted and reinstalled VCast and still no help.  It seems there are alot of comments about this, so why hasn't verizon taken care of it?  And how come customer service acts like they don't know what I'm talking about? 

Laurie

0 Likes