Verizon keeps sending broken phones, LEAVE VERIZON NOW IF YOU CAN- terrible customer service
bjones24

I have had so many problems with my blackberry and Verizon keeps sending me new phones, one after the other. No matter how many they send it still doesnt solve the problem, because the problem is with Verizon.

I have spent about 6 hours on the phone the past month and swapped all my data onto 4 new phones and I still have the problems.

Customer service is horrible, absolutely horrible and they could not care any less.  How a company can have no idea how to fix a technical problem I have no idea.

Leave Verizon and DO NOT SIGN CONTRACT EXTENSION.  Thankfully I am out of contract soon and can leave if they do not fix this.

Horrible horrible- who is running this shop anyway

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon keeps sending broken phones, LEAVE VERIZON NOW IF YOU CAN- terrible customer service
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I sent you a Private Message giving you the URL to download the 4.5.0.138 OS file.  To downgrade your OS follow the instuctions here:

How to Downgrade Your Blackberry OS

1. Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager (BDM) installed on your computer. You can download it for free at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/ for PC or Mac.

2. Download the OS you wish to downgrade to and install that file on your computer. It will integrate with BDM.

3. Backup your contacts, settings, and personal files on your Blackberry with BDM. This will save you from losing your contact list and other personal information.

4. To begin the downgrade process, start BDM with your Blackberry attached to your computer via the supplied cable.

5. Once BDM has started and you are at the main screen, click on Application Loader and then Update Software.

6. After the BDM reads information from your Blackberry, you will be presented with a list of available updates. Select the version you wish to install by checking the box next to the version and click Next.

7. After the BDM reads your device, the process will start. Once started, follow the prompts and do not unplug your device or the installation will become corrupted. The process will take 25-30 minutes to complete. When the installation is complete, you will receive a message from BDM stating so.

8. You may have to reinstall some programs such as Blackberry App World, special themes, or games you purchased. If you backed up your device, you can now allow BDM to restore your files.

9. To restore files and settings, go to the main screen on BDM and select Backup and Restore and then select Restore.

10. You will be prompted for the backup file from earlier, which by default has the date in the name of the file. Once completed you will be shown a message stating it is complete.

Let me know if you need any further help,

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon keeps sending broken phones, LEAVE VERIZON NOW IF YOU CAN- terrible customer service
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I was reading your post and was wondering what the problem was with your phone(s)?  Is it the same problem with all of them or different problems with each?  If you would like for some of us in the forums to try to help, please let us know.

Doc

0 Likes
bjones24

Sure thanks for your reply. 

Phone #1: Emails were not going to the phone, data stopped being received 2-3 times a day.

Phone #2-4: Feedback in the phone when talking, as if there is screeching coming through the earpiece,intermittently when talking

this was a problem that only came when the first refurbished phone was sent to me, and it was a phone that verizon fixed itself and not RIM actually, according to the box.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

bjones24 wrote:

Sure thanks for your reply. 

Phone #1: Emails were not going to the phone, data stopped being received 2-3 times a day.

Phone #2-4: Feedback in the phone when talking, as if there is screeching coming through the earpiece,intermittently when talking

this was a problem that only came when the first refurbished phone was sent to me, and it was a phone that verizon fixed itself and not RIM actually, according to the box.

Hi,

You still did not tell me what model Blackberry you have, but judging from your problem in phones 2-4, I'll bet it was the 8330 Curve.  The 8330 has the problem with the screeching while talking due to a problem with the latest operating system on the device.  The fix is to roll the OS back from the current 4.5.0.175 to an earlier OS like the 4.5.0.138.  As far as I know, Verizon has not addressed or acknowledged this problem with the Curve.  Let me know if you have the Curve.

Doc

0 Likes
bjones24

Sorry about that, yes it is the 8330 Curve. The guy on the phone said they cannot roll back the software, and in fact I only got the newer software to solve an older problem...

any suggestions on how to do this, and get older software without going into the store for them to mess around again?

thanks

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I sent you a Private Message giving you the URL to download the 4.5.0.138 OS file.  To downgrade your OS follow the instuctions here:

How to Downgrade Your Blackberry OS

1. Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager (BDM) installed on your computer. You can download it for free at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/ for PC or Mac.

2. Download the OS you wish to downgrade to and install that file on your computer. It will integrate with BDM.

3. Backup your contacts, settings, and personal files on your Blackberry with BDM. This will save you from losing your contact list and other personal information.

4. To begin the downgrade process, start BDM with your Blackberry attached to your computer via the supplied cable.

5. Once BDM has started and you are at the main screen, click on Application Loader and then Update Software.

6. After the BDM reads information from your Blackberry, you will be presented with a list of available updates. Select the version you wish to install by checking the box next to the version and click Next.

7. After the BDM reads your device, the process will start. Once started, follow the prompts and do not unplug your device or the installation will become corrupted. The process will take 25-30 minutes to complete. When the installation is complete, you will receive a message from BDM stating so.

8. You may have to reinstall some programs such as Blackberry App World, special themes, or games you purchased. If you backed up your device, you can now allow BDM to restore your files.

9. To restore files and settings, go to the main screen on BDM and select Backup and Restore and then select Restore.

10. You will be prompted for the backup file from earlier, which by default has the date in the name of the file. Once completed you will be shown a message stating it is complete.

Let me know if you need any further help,

Doc

0 Likes
pennyaline

Really? I'm lucky then, I guess. I've had my 8330 for nearly two years now and no screeching in evidence. In fact, no complaints at all with RIM and few with Verizon!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

pennyaline wrote:

Really? I'm lucky then, I guess. I've had my 8330 for nearly two years now and no screeching in evidence. In fact, no complaints at all with RIM and few with Verizon!

Hi,

My son has the same phone for about the same amount of time and also has not had any problems.  The problem lately in the Curve 8330 is the last OS upgrade, thus the reason for downgrading to an earlier OS release.  That seems to fix the problem with the screeching sounds.

Doc

0 Likes
vzwphoneuzer

I have a Tour and I have hated it since the day I got it! Had problems right off and had to take the phone back a few times.  Last time, the ball quit working...this was after only 3 months.  The refurbished phone I got, had a working ball but the top buttons don't work.  I didn't bother going back.  I'm just waiting for this contract to end also.  AT&T offers an iphone so I will go to that when this is done...Good luck to you!

0 Likes
Movieman0086

I have the Blackberry Curve 8330 and have had the following problems.

1. Broken trackball

2. Calls not coming through

3.  Phone keeps locking up (have to replace the battery almost every minute)

Now this is my 2nd BB Curve 8330 (the trackball went out on the first phone)

Now i've been told to get insurance or extended warranty. Thats ridiculous as i pretty much baby my phones and have never needed to have a warranty because my phones have been actually taken care of.

Which leads to the quandry im in right now.

My upgrade date is July 14, 2010. I have requested an early upgrade due to my problem with my BB Curve 8330. Now mind you i have approximately 9 weeks till my upgrade date. Some of the emplyees said i can go ahead and get my upgrade now (and yes it shouldnt cost me, even though normally it does, but for the situation). I talked online, to the 800 number and even visited my local store and i get mixed messages like no-one communicates to each other. When i went to the store they said they couldnt upgrade till the upgrade date, yet they saw there was a problem. I dont get it. I am a paying customer and the customer is always right. I show them the problems with the phone and their lack of empathy is pathetic. Their customer service is horrible.

Best example of lack of communication is i walked into the VZW store and the lady who greeted me ask me if she could help me. I told her the problems and how they are effecting me. I then explained about the upgrade date and see if i could upgrade that day. Not only did she say i could upgrade (and she also said up to 4 months to the upgrade date), but that they'd upgrade my phone at the store. They then plugged me in and said that someone would help me. Well i went to look at the Mototola Droids and not long after a young lady came up to me. i then preceded to tell her everything that i told the greeter. she then prodeeded to tell me that i couldnt receive my upgrade till the exact upgrade date. She did fix my trackball problem, but never did fix the other problems. The sales lady showed no empathy at all. I think when i dealt with her that i was seriously debating leaving verizon, not because of the phones or whatever, but their customer service and lack of empathy. 

0 Likes