What exactly does this mean?
Jaden539

While looking at my upgrade discounts (none, uggh) I found this, \/

" Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers
You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply). "

I have the Blackberry Curve 8330, with the Blackberry Data Plan, which is $55.99/Monthly. So, do I qualify for this, even though I don't have a "Calling Plan". Or is "Calling Plan" just another way to say plan? Thanks! 

0 Likes
Re: What exactly does this mean?
AFAngryWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 2
Unfortunately the $29.99 you pay for the Blackberry plan is a "Feature" even though its labeled a Data "Plan".  They only part that counts toward the $49.99 is your base plan which is $39.99 so you wouldnt qualify for an annual upgrade you would have to wait the full 18 out of 24 months.
0 Likes
Jaden539

No, Mine is $55.99 W/O any features.

I Have the "Nationwide Messaging W/ EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY $54.99" That is exactly what it says on "MyVerizon".

0 Likes
groovieknave
Enthusiast - Level 3
Even though your plan states the pricing is altogether, it's still considered serperate for a "New Every Two" program. The reason being is that the feature (29.99 email and web for blackberry) is included with the total cost just to make it simple to understand.
0 Likes
mnwildfan2k
Enthusiast - Level 3
Both of the above are correct, however, its 20 of 24 months. Not 18...
0 Likes
Lucid

There are two ways to set up a Blackberry with Verizon Wireless, one is to have a regular voice plan and add the data feature for the Blackberry. The other is to have a plan specifically for the Blackberry device. It sounds like you have the latter, and in that case the $54.99 you are paying is your "calling plan" for the purposes of the Annual Upgrade you are interested in.

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
Ummmm . . . I'm afraid that just isn't correct.    ALL Blackberry phones with Verizon now required the "addition" of the data plan feature.   The other posters had it correct.    The annual phone update is based on the base plan being $49+.    
0 Likes