Which device to choose?
Jkougl

I am currently using the newer Razr phone and looking to upgrade to a BB. Which device is the best? Curve, Storm or Tour? And on that note, is the Tour worth the extra money if I am a basic call, email and text user?

0 Likes
Re: Which device to choose?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

There's usually about 2-3 posts per day for this specific question, so just read around the BB section a little bit to get an idea of opinions, thoughts, complaints about the various devices. You'll find what you're looking for, I promise.

0 Likes
SureTypeBandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jkougl wrote:

I am currently using the newer Razr phone and looking to upgrade to a BB. Which device is the best? Curve, Storm or Tour? And on that note, is the Tour worth the extra money if I am a basic call, email and text user?

wait for storm 2 unless you like external keyboards...tour is hit or miss. Curve is consistently exceptional.  Dont expect to look at full html pages though.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

As a Tour owner, I can whole-heartedly reccommend the Tour.  We just discussed this topic today.  You can read what others have said about the Tour and the Storm here.

Doc

0 Likes
ever1ast

If you're truly a "basic" user as you say, the curve would be a great fit. Physical keyboard and its a great all around device. If you're more advanced and like the extra features available, go with the Tour. If you're big into media (movies, pictures, etc) the Storm and it's larger screen is the way to go.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I agree with Ever1ast.  The Curve is a great Blackberry that will perform all the things you want to do.  It is a sturdy phone too.  It has been out for a few years and many Blackberry users swear by the Curve.  In comparison, the Tour and Storm can do all the Curve does, just with a lot more horsepower under the hood.  More device memory is one thing about the Tour that I love.  I also love the great looking display.  However, from what you say about your needs, perhaps the Curve is the right device for you. 

Doc

0 Likes