WiFi Question
Deeme

I have recently upgraded to a BB curve 9330. I have a question about the WiFi. I have the North American + Canada plan and have turned the data off when in Canada to avoid roaming charges. I am trying to connect to a home network, have followed instructions, and the BB connects. I see my network above the time. My router sees it connected. However, the WiFi icon stays gray and there is no green check mark beside the Wifi in manage connections. I have changed the browser settings from Mobile to Hotspot Browser...all to no avail.I have even changed the router security settings.

I had a BB Pearl Flip, it was an unlocked GSM phone, Pay as you go, with no data plan but I was able to connect to my home so I am stumped as to why I can't with this. I have tried everything.

Can I do this and if it is possible, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFi Question
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I think I know what your problem is going to be.  If you selected to turn data off, then you turned off ALL data, including WiFi.  Change your settings by going back and turning Data back on and turning Mobile Network off and leave WiFi On.  That should take care of your connection problem.  Also, you will be connecting data with just WiFi and not Mobile Network.  Keep in mind, you will not be able to make calls or send or recieve SMS or MMS texts, but you will have instant messaging and internet from the WiFi.  Hope that helps,

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I think I know what your problem is going to be.  If you selected to turn data off, then you turned off ALL data, including WiFi.  Change your settings by going back and turning Data back on and turning Mobile Network off and leave WiFi On.  That should take care of your connection problem.  Also, you will be connecting data with just WiFi and not Mobile Network.  Keep in mind, you will not be able to make calls or send or recieve SMS or MMS texts, but you will have instant messaging and internet from the WiFi.  Hope that helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Deeme

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess that if my main priority is the phone for business, and making sure I don't have data usage while in Canada, I will have to sacrifice the convienience of the WiFi.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

0 Likes