buying curve from a friend
BeaverDoe
I have a friend who is selling her Curve and I have been wanting one but it is a year before I can upgrade without paying full price. Is it possible once I buy her phone to have all my info and phone # on my Voyager phone put on it? I really want to buy it but not if I can not use it. HELP! 
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: buying curve from a friend
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3
You should have no problem porting your phone # over to the Curve. In regards to transfering your contacts if you bring both phones to the Vz dealer they should be able to transfer the contacts for you. They may charge you though. I had the techs at the Vz store do that with my Razr when I bought a BB Pearl on Ebay. Just stop in a store and check with them for both issues before making the purchase.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3
You should have no problem porting your phone # over to the Curve. In regards to transfering your contacts if you bring both phones to the Vz dealer they should be able to transfer the contacts for you. They may charge you though. I had the techs at the Vz store do that with my Razr when I bought a BB Pearl on Ebay. Just stop in a store and check with them for both issues before making the purchase.
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Changing phones is easy, you can actually do it right on VZW's website yourself by changing the ESN #'s on your account and then doing a *228 option 1 and 2.  Just remember though, once you activate a Blackberry there is a MANDATORY $30 montly data charge on top of your regular calling plan for unlimited streaming email, internet useage from the device, and instant messages from any of the 5 installed messenger services; text msging is still extra depending on your plan.  As stated above, a VZW store will be able to transfer your contacts, wether or not they'll charge you depends on the store I guess since you're not activating a new line of service.  Hope this helps.

If a member answers your question, solves an issue, and/or helps you in any way that becomes beneficial....by all means hook em up with some Kudos!! Or mark the thread solved and give Kudos!!

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
This is one of things that needs to be in that legendary FAQ. Kudos to U
0 Likes