can't charge my blackberry curve 8530
tanjazip10

my curve won't charge anymore as of yesterday.... not at home, not in the car....i put my old bb curve battery in it and that won't charge either, so it's not the battery??   has anyone else had this problem??

0 Likes
Re: can't charge my blackberry curve 8530
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi tanjazip10,

It is unfortunate you are having trouble charging your phone.  I am not sure when you purchased the Curve, but it does have a 1 year manufacturers warranty.  Additionally if you purchased the TEC insurance, your device has a 2 year manufacturers warranty. 

The warranty does cover an defective device as long as there is not any physical or water damage present.  I am hopeful your issue has been resolved within the last few days.  If not, please PM me your wireless number and I will be happy to go over your options.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

0 Likes
Re: can't charge my blackberry curve 8530
RocRizzo

You probably could use a new battery or an external charger.  They are readily available from a variety of sources on the 'Net.  Many are quite cheap, so make sure that you get a genuine article.  Some of the knock-offs from China are good, and some are bad, so buyer beware.  Just also be aware that you shouldn't have to pay full list price for the genuine article.

0 Likes