fatal error message when updating software for blackberry curve 8530
jazzygirl

When trying to update using desktop manager, got a "fatal error -try again message".  BB restarted.  Usb cable was brand new, although internet connect was wireless.  Computer is running Vista.  Also, this bb didn't come with memo pad.  Where can I get that?  BB app world seems to have only a supplement/enhancement add-on for sale.

0 Likes
Re: fatal error message when updating software for blackberry curve 8530
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

Let's start by asking first: is this a new phone or a refurbished Curve?  Maybe you can also try using a Wired internet connection and see if that works along with making sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed for your computer.

DJ

0 Likes
jazzygirl

Hi!  It is a new phone, and the version of DM is the disk that came with it.  I will try the wired connection

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

Jazzygirl: Have you been able to get the update working?  Also if you go to vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry you can download the latest and also the previous OS (at the bottom of the screen) for your phone.

DJ

0 Likes
Boatinglover

I just had the same exact problem with the same exact new Blackberry.  What I figured out was that I needed to install the most recent version of Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Unplug the Blackberry from the PC.  Then Open Desktop Manager and go to Help, Check for Updates.  It should tell you that there is a new version.  For me it took me through a series of updates including a PC restart or two. When it was all done doing the updates, I plugged in the Blackberry in an everything worked great.

By the way I am no techie or technical guru. I just experimented and this worked for me.  I hope it works for you.   Let me know.

0 Likes