loyal customer getting bad service
Leggs

I bought the blackberry storm back in August i have had nothing, but trouble with the phone. It's been one thing after another.  I went to the verizon store and just had it wipes out cause i guess you can get a trojan on your blackberry.  I asked if they could do anything about maybe replacing with a new phone they said no.  I was told you can buy a different phone at full price.  I called customer service and I was told the same thing, with an exception that maybe they could help in July or August.  I have been a loyal customer for 15 years and have 5 phones with them.  I guess that counts for nothing, they just want my money.  I am going to talk to all my friends and family about leaving verizon cause they don't seem to care.

0 Likes
Re: loyal customer getting bad service
jnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also a loyal customer getting horrifyingly bad service.  After 15 years with Verizon, I entered into a new 2-year contract, gave my upgrade to my daughter and took her non-working phone (worked for 8 months).  The non-working phone was replaced with a certified pre-owned phone.  The certified pre-owned phone lasted 6 months.   I now have 1 1/2 years left on my contract and NOOOOOOO PHONE.  Verizon refuses to replace of fix the broken phone they provided to me to replace a phone that was under warranty.  The service rep actually told me that the certified pre-owned phone was free.  NOPE.  I paid for the original phone that didn't work past 8 months and they replaced it with a phone that only worked 6 months.  That's not free!

How about I force Verizon to sign a two year lease agreement for anything, say for instance a car, and provide them with a car that does not run.  Where I come from, that is ILLEGAL!!!!!!!

Nice job Verizon!  Must feel good to run a company that cheats and steals from people!!!!

keitoflan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you have insurance? If not, it's unfortunate, but there's nothing the store can do. Verizon can't be randomly giving out new phones to customers just because. They actually lose out money most times on phones anyway since they subsidize them a few hundred dollars for the 2 year pricing. The full retail price is what they pay for the phones.

I would recommend looking for a used phone.

0 Likes
foremaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been trying to buy two Verizon 4GLTE Samsung Galaxy Tablets plus service plans from the Verizon store in Charles City, Va.  I’ve already bought two Droids plus plans from there.  The manager can get these tablets overnight.  For a week he’s been telling me they’ll be in the next day.  Every day I call I hear he’s been too busy to order them, he forgot to order them, he ordered them but didn’t push the “order” button, etc.  When I threatened to go a different Verizon store he said he’ll give me $30 off (it’s a $1,300 order not including the plans!).  I told him it sounded like he really wasn’t interested in my business and he said the tablet sales aren’t really that profitable for him.  The customer service sucks and if he doesn’t want my business he should just say that up front!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is preventing you from ordering them yourself online through the Verizon Wireless website?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
foremaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, nothing.  However, when you order them on the web site you also purchase new plans.  Since I already have Verizon accounts I wanted to ensure that the tablet accounts were including on my existing accounts rather than adding additional accounts.  By setting them up through the store order the new plans will come incorporated into the monthly bills I already receive.  But the issue is not whether I can get them through some other means but rather the quality of service I have received from the Verizon store.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to add new line of service to your account by signing into your MyVerizon account on the website.

You can also call customer service at *611 and order the devices over the phone.

The other thing that I was wondering was what is the exact address for this store that you prefer? When I looked up the city, I couldn't find a corporate store nearby. Is it possible that you have been working with a third party retailer? They might have different policies in regards to setting up new lines of service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
foremaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should not have said Charles City, the store is:

Verizon Wireless  

2501 New Kent Hwy # Ahttp://maps.google.com/maps?jsid=1&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=New+Kent+Wireless&fb=1&cid=0,0,677861672780...

Quinton, VA 23141

Is is not 3rd party it is Verizon Wireless.  At any rate, I have cancelled everything having to do with that store and placed the order at another Verizon Wirelss store.  I will see how this one goes.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have to disagree with you. According to the store locator on the Verizon Wireless website it is a Premium Retailer (third party).

VZW Quinton store.PNG

0 Likes
foremaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am assuming from your answers and your attempt to defend and somehow shield Verizon Wireless from any responsibility in this that you work for them in some way  Is that true?

I also assume that when I go into a Verizon Wireless store it is sanctioned and supported by Verizon Wireless.  "Premium Retailer" is a nice term but if you are referring to a franchisee of Verizon Wireless, that still does not hold them any less accountable.  That's like saying GM has no responsibility for what its Chevrolet dealerships do (they are also "Premium Retailers").

I have yet to hear you address the real issue here which was the unacceptable service I received trying to obtain these tablets.  Do you agree or disagree that this was poor service?