new blackberry curve user, e-mail and browser quit working?
regthq

Has worked fine for 2 months. On a trip to CA this  week, quit receiving or sending e-mails. And browser would not connect. Just kept trying but no results. Last day of trip, so oh well. Back home today and all I am getting now is a message that there is insufficient network coverage to process my request. Please try again later. Any help would be appreciated. btw, the phone calls come in. thanks,

0 Likes
Re: new blackberry curve user, e-mail and browser quit working?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Do a battery pull. After the phone reboots do *228 option 1.

Also have your service books resent by going to this website: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw  and logging in with your Blackberry username/password. In the left hand colum there's a link that says "Service Books" click that and have them resent.

0 Likes
regthq
thanks, I will try that. Dumb question though. Is the blackberry user id/password the same one as my verizon? I don't remember setting up a blackberry one.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

No, not the same thing at all. Do you have a username@vzw.blackberry.net email address on your phone? If so, the username is what you'd use to log in and you can click on "forgot password" to have it sent to your device.

Or you can also try getting to your Service books by clicking on your Email Settings icon in your phone. Once it loads it should have a list of all your email accounts set up, at the bottom it should say settings  and you should find the service book link somewhere there as well.

If you don't have the blackberry.net email address I strongly suggest setting this up and getting access to the BIS login page as this makes it a lot easier to troubleshoot these types of issues.

0 Likes
regthq
Thanks for the info. I do not have that type of e-mail address. Just my normal ones that come into my cable internet provider. I will set that up. Did not see the need for another address since the ones I had worked, LOL. Looks like this will be not be as easy as it appeared to be. Thanks again....
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

What happens when you click on your email settings icon? Does anything pull up at all??

If you see the email accounts listed then you can click on "Settings" at the bottom then click on "Help" and there will be an option to resend your service books.

But yes, definetly create the blackberry.net user name so you can use the web interface next time. A lot easier for stuff like this. You don't have to give it out and you won't receive any emails to it, you can just use it for troubleshooting like this.

0 Likes
regthq
When I pulled the battery out and put it back in. The e-mail started working again. Browser too. Will set up that other e-mail though. Thanks, again
0 Likes