"Expired" messages
Cynthi1968

I've gotten a couple of strange texts in the last 24 hours that says .."Message to {phone number} expired".  What makes it especially strange is that it is referring to a number of a person that never answered the last few texts last week....because he was killed.  What does that message mean????

0 Likes
Re: "Expired" messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cynthi1968,

I'm so sorry to learn of the loss of your friend. My sincerest condolences go out to you.

When you send a message, the system tries to deliver the message for a maximum of 5 days. So, if the recipient of the message has the phone, for example, powered off, the message will never be delivered to the phone. Once the five days expires, the system will no longer attempt to deliver the message. This is the reason you received the message you did, about the text(s) you sent.

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LaLa79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to stop this?  I am getting constant back to back alerts saying expired message.  At least 10 in the past few minutes.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaLa79,

Very good question. And to be honest, these messages that were not delivered must run their course. Sadly, there's no blocking tool we can implement to prevent them at this point.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes