"Messages" Icon
cacband
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

What is the messages icon for? I have my E-mail and my SMS/MMS icon. I see E-mails in the messages but not SMS. SMS in the SMS/MMS folder only?

Is the "Messages" for if I had more then one E-mail address, so I could see all the E-mails or something?

0 Likes
Re: "Messages" Icon
cacband
Enthusiast - Level 2
No one???
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
The general messages icon is a catch all for your messages. Because you have seperate email and SMS icons nothing will go into that icon just yet. If you were to combine them you would receive all messages into that one icon; email, SMS, MMS..etc. But for now, when you have it seperated it actually doesn't do much.
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
The General Msgs icon is also the spot where you'll receive voice mail notification and missed calls.  If you have several different emails set up on your BB like I do (I have 4) and there are messages in everyone one of them, it's a great way to get a quick glance at all of them instead of having to open up each individual box.  You can go to that one first to see if there is something important or whatever.  I use it pretty often.
0 Likes
Re:"Which phone, Tour or the Curve?
Hello There,  heard alot of good bout the Curve now it's th Tour. Which one? My wife and I will be using phones. My wife just makes calls no texts, some internet use otherwise straight foreward user. My self would use camera, texts, im, games, vz navigator. you get the picture.....
0 Likes
Re: Re:"Which phone, Tour or the Curve?
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

For you the Tour since it's the latest and greatest right now.  For her, just get her a regular "dumb" phone and save yourself an extra $30 a month.  A Blackberry is not for just a "straight forward" user and unless she plans on receiving email, texting, mms, and any kind of internet useage it's a waste of your $$.  There's some nice LG phones out now like the env3 oe env touch she might like or if she's really just a phone user you can go even simpler than those, but it would seem like a waste from what you've said to put a Blackberry in her hands if she doesn't plan to utilize it for its intended purpose.  Just my $.02. 

-Justin

A "Quickpull" a day keeps the lag away. PM me for a link to the download.

Serving proudly, USAF, Land of the free because of the brave.

0 Likes