Re: 148 Battery Drain
joeyfly55
My wife and I both upgraded to the "official OS" .148 from .75. We are both have significant battery drain issues and .75 was not nearly as bad as far as battery life for both of us. I grow tired of this crap and am very tempted to go back to my old flip phone if not resolved very soon. So very frustrating.
0 Likes
gocardinals
I feel for you people who are suffering battery drain with 148. Like I said, my performance, including battery life, is SO much better going from 75 to 148.
0 Likes
nycrdc
Contributor - Level 1
My battery lasts a little longer now that I have the 148 update but a few of my co-workers have a shorter battery life.
0 Likes
BlackBerry_i812

nycrdc wrote:
My battery lasts a little longer now that I have the 148 update but a few of my co-workers have a shorter battery life.

Here is my two cents worth..

1.) Enable the Memory Cleaner function..

Options/Security Options/Memory Cleaning..  click Menu - Save

2.) Options Screen/Keyboard / Automatic Dim Backlight On

LED Coverage Indicator - Off

3.) I have heard that if your not using BlueTooth, then Turning it Off will save some battery use.. ??

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

BlackBerry_i812 wrote:

3.) I have heard that if your not using BlueTooth, then Turning it Off will save some battery use.. ??

This is true. If you don't use Bluetooth, turn it off. It will contribute to battery drain and, if configured incorrectly, can, at least theoretically pose a security risk.

Best of luck.

0 Likes
russgross
I've been having the same problem since upgrading. The battery won't even make it through the day. Why should I have to turn Bluetooth off, when it used to last all day even with Bluetooth on?
0 Likes
EdMart
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had 148 installed for about a week now.  My battery life has actually been better than it was with 75.  I have bluetooth on all the time as I use an earpiece.  I also use the Storm as a book reader and read at least an hour daily. 

I usually charge the phone every night, but went 48 hours as of yesterday just to check.  I still had two battery bars (from Monday nights charge) when I placed the phone in the charger last night.

0 Likes
wolfzero
I started this thread but wanted to share some good news.  After Verizon gave me the new Storm, with 4.7.0.75 loaded, I could not resist trying 4.7.0.148 again.  So I upgraded to find that my batter life actually improved.  What was the difference?  I'm guessing a 3rd party application.  This time I did not have any loaded.  I later went and added a 3rd party application (iheartradio) and noticed significant batter drain.  I removed the application and batter life was good again.  I download Meterberry.  It's a great app that, among other things, calculates avg battery drain.  I can use Meterberry, when I load a new app, to see what it's really doing to my battery.  So, if you have fast battery drain try removing your 3rd party applications, charge and check battery life, then perhaps add them back one-at-a-time and see which might be causing the problem.
0 Likes
jrm2183

Had same battery issue after downloading new SW. Just did a long charge for about 10 hours like you should do when the phone is brand new and it solved my problem. Might be somthing to try before reinstalling software or getting replacement.

0 Likes
russgross
As of today, my battery drain issue seems to be resolved.  It's 3:00 and I still have 4 bars on my battery meter.  This is the first day that my phone has not been dead by this time since I downloaded the software update.  What changed?  This morning the phone prompted me to download an update to the visual voicemail application.  I did, and now my battery life issues have disappeared.
0 Likes