2 yr up on my 8830 ... looking for recommendations ... should i upgrade/update and what to?
sbrayfo

Time to renew ... have the 8830 right now ... with the 4.5 update. Have been satisfied with the 8830. Question: is there anything out there right now a la Storm 2 or Tour ... or heaven forbid the Droid (out tomorrow) that is worth upgrading my 8830 for?

Primary uses are Corporate email/calendar/address ... browser. Don't really care about multimedia capabilities ...

Any suggestions? Is it worth an upgrade/update? All guidance truly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2 yr up on my 8830 ... looking for recommendations ... should i upgrade/update and what to?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The Tour is the direct replacement of the 8830. It's an awesome device. Great power and a wonderful screen. Plenty of memory for application. Great functionality and a keyboard that's a joy to type on. It's still a global phone with GSM roaming. So you wouldn't lose any capabilities.

I've had it for a couple of months now and I'm very satisfied.

I think if you're going to be typing a lot of emails and communications that you might want to stay away from touchscreen devices, you can't beat a real keyboard for hammering out an email as fast as you can. Plus, if already have a Blackberry set up with your work you can't beat Blackberry's BES set up.

0 Likes