4G LTE data reception issue in area of work building
Nate650
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I'm having a data reception issue in a certain area at work.  The signal indicator at the upper right of the homescreen shows "4GLTE" but this is clearly inaccurate since I am not able to navigate to websites or send/receive multimedia messages.  If I move ~30 feet east in the building, the reception is restored.  Two people with iPhone 5 devices have the same issue.  However, the Verizon iPhone 5 allows you to turn off LTE.  Once this was done and the signal fell back to 3G, reception was restored, albeit with slower speeds, but at least reception wasn't completely blocked.  I understand 4G is not available in all areas, but in this case, the phone is not automatically switching to 3G and there is no workaround because there is no option to turn off LTE on the Z10.  In the "Settings" -> "Network Connections" -> "Mobile Network" -> "Network Technology" dropdown, the only values are:

UMTS/GSM (when I switch to this, no networks are found)

Global (the current selection)

LTE/CDMA

This is a big problem for me because for 8+ hours in the day I can't receive MMS messages or navigate to websites.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE data reception issue in area of work building
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried the LTE/CDMA selection to see it will switch more easily to 3G when out of range of 4G?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nate650
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ann, I tried that and restarted the phone and the issue still exists. Smiley Sad  Signal indicator still shows "4GLTE" with 4/5 bars.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, Nate650,

Sorry to hear about your problem with 4G. First, let me ask, have you updated your Z10 to the latest official software version? I had a similar problem with my Z10. After about an hour on the phone with CS, we figured out it was a problem with the tower near me. The problem was fixed by VZW and I have not had connection issues. You are right, though, about the Z10 falling back to 3G. Mine did before the update but not since.

Doc

0 Likes
Nate650
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there, yes, I recently updated to OS version 10.1.0.2151, software release 10.1.0.2039.  I should also mention that while riding the subway I see the phone switches to 3G several times, so there is something about that particular location at work.

0 Likes