9530 148 upgrade
shihon
I have seen the web notices and read many reviews  concerning the upgrade to v148 but when I use the device wireless upgrade and/or my desktop mgr they both tell me there is no upgrade available.  What am I missing?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 9530 148 upgrade
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think the official update is out. I think everything you are reading is potential release, and maybe talking of the leaked OS .148

If you download the leaked OS .148 it should be the same thing. So, if you're having trouble getting the update, simply download the leaked OS, install it on your pc, then connect the BB Storm, and run desktop manager software, it will auto begin updating your phone. Takes like 45 minutes to an hour.

0 Likes
shihon

I finally found the upgrade on the Vz site.  Dont ask me the path as I have no idea how I got there, just did.

Upgrade in progress now.

This was a web download, reboot my PC and then launch BB desktop mgr to initiate. 

Strangest path for an upgrade yet.

0 Likes
msp1

Also, if using BB Desktop Manager, it should automatically check and prompt for the upgrade.  I was notified by BBDM when I connected yesterday just to sync.  I didn't even know the long awaited OS had been released until the upgrade finished. 

0 Likes
shihon

BB DM should have alerted me but didnt for some reason.  All is good now though.

As for long awaited.  I cant see that anything changed.

No faster and no other features arrived that I can see so far.

Anyone know what the heck was supposed to improve?

0 Likes
ggenov
You can go to www.vzam.net/blackberry and download the software there.  Once downloaded run the exe file.  Then open desktop manager and check for updates.  It should show there after installing the file.
0 Likes
BlackBerry_i812

Versizone sent my BackBerry an Email with a link to the BlackBerry Storm 9530 OS upgrade to 4.7.0.148

I use the DeskTop Manager and installed the 184 Upgrade..

Here is the www.BlackBerry.com WebSite  where you can download the Upgrade using your Phones PIN Number..

https://www.blackberry.com/hhupgrade/

0 Likes
nycrdc
Contributor - Level 1

blackberry.com/storm/update

or

vzam.net

or 

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/

0 Likes