9650: Verizon is great at keeping its customers out of the loop.
Nancynj

So I guess the big May 27 release date is false...even though it wasn't Verizon that came up with the date.

This is getting pretty ridiculous, I am tired of hearing "release dates" from blogs and other people who are just as clueless.

At least Sprint had the courtesy to let its customers know when the phone would be coming out. Verizon knows its customers have been waiting. Aren't they supposed to serve us? We're paying for it.

At this point I would not mind switching to another carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 9650: Verizon is great at keeping its customers out of the loop.
treyash9

I agree.  The least they could do it let us know when we will be able to order it.  I would prefer to just pre order it so I don't have to keep looking at news on the subject.  the only way to get what we want is to leave and go to sprint?  or at least let Verizon know we are considering doing so!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Just curious, what device are you all upgrading from?  Are you upgrading from another Blackberry device or is this your first BB?  I'm hoping to upgrade from the Tour, the main reason is for the larger amount of free memory on the 9650.  I have to admit I guess I was one of the lucky Tour owners who did not have any problems, but as anyone who has read these forums over the past year, the Tour had it's share of problems.  Anyways, just curious if this will be your first BB or not.  Thanks in advance.

Doc

0 Likes
treyash9

It will be my first BB.  I have not had a data/email plan before.  I've never had a smart phone before either.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

treyash9 wrote:

It will be my first BB.  I have not had a data/email plan before.  I've never had a smart phone before either.

You will enjoy the Blackberry.  I was with Alltel for a few years before Verizon and had a Pearl 8130 for 2 years before my Tour for the past year.  I know for me, the access to the email is one of my favorite things about the BB.  You will enjoy moving up to a smartphone.

Doc

Ps:  I forgot to tell you both Welcome to the forums.  Glad to have you all participating.

0 Likes
dolce1

The blackberry 9650 will be my first BB along with my first smart phone:smileyhappy:  I have a voyager at the moment and i HATE the touch screen.  Is the internet really as bad as everyone says?  I don't have the best vision, but I used my friends older BB curve and did a search on google, and nothing was small enough that I couldn't read it well or had to zoom in.  Out of all the phone's i've seen in the past few months, I kept going back and playing with the BBs.  They seemed less confusing then the android phones! I like glitz and bells and wistles, but I also like simplicity :smileyhappy: I also NEED a real keyboard. I can't even stand my ipod touch screen when used to type on it:smileywink:  I just wish they would release this phone! i've been waiting since Dec!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Blackberry Bold 9650. Online: June 3rd. In-Store: June 10th.

Unofficially official, for now.

Look for an official press release May 31st or June 1st.

0 Likes