9930 7.1 457 upgrade, now can't open emails
bigdog

Help?!?!?!

I can't open emails from the mailbox app.  Can't open them by clicking, can't open them by using menu to open them. 

How can I open emails???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 9930 7.1 457 upgrade, now can't open emails
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hey there bigdog! Boy, I can't imagine how aggravating it must be to have not ability to read your emails! To troubleshoot this, I recommend deleting and re-setting the email account on your Bold. If this doesn't resolve the issue, please reply here. I will need to know who the email service provider is (Yahoo, Hotmail, Comcast, etc.) and a description of what happens when you try to open emails. Thanks so much!

DionM

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hey there bigdog! Boy, I can't imagine how aggravating it must be to have not ability to read your emails! To troubleshoot this, I recommend deleting and re-setting the email account on your Bold. If this doesn't resolve the issue, please reply here. I will need to know who the email service provider is (Yahoo, Hotmail, Comcast, etc.) and a description of what happens when you try to open emails. Thanks so much!

DionM

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
willstheone

Hi Bigdog,  don't know if you are using the BB email app to configure your email accounts. I am. I too lost my access to hotmail settings after upgrading. Tried to access again and again through BB apps' and nothing. Along the way in my efforts to trouble-shoot the problem, someone suggested I call tech support through Verizon's 611 service and put it on them. I did. And he discovered the upgrade booted my 'set-up' info (user name & password) from the system. He reset it and now it's all better!! Give it a shot. Hope it works for you.

willstheone

0 Likes
karkar215

OMG, I have the same problem, but it's my vzw.blackberry.net e-mail. I've tried deleting all my texts and old e-mails to free up memory, but that hasn't helped.

It acts as though I never clicked on it whether I use the trackpad, menu options, or touch screen. If I choose reply, it marks the message as read, but still does not open. It's driving me crazy but I haven't found time to sit down on hold with VZW customer service at work, and don't have an extra phone to use from home.

This sucks. 😞

0 Likes
nhunter75

I have same problem.  The only way I could fix it temporarliy (usually about 24hours and then same problem again) was to remove the battery and put it back in.  The phone would reboot and then I was able to open my emails again.  But withing 24 hours or so, out of nowhere the same problem would occur.  I called tech support.  After 90 minutes, we reinstalled factory settings (saved my data, contacts on computer) .  This fixed the problem for about 30 days, but a week ago the same problem started up again.   On a tangent, a new problem today was that the phone would not charge not matter if I used my car charger, the outlet charger, or USB into computer charger.    Analagously, I removed battery and put it back in and it seems to be charging now.   ugghhhhh.   I need help with this phone.  I had a blackberry 8830 world edition for years and that thing never broke.  I upgraded to 9930 Bold and its one problem after another.  I dont have time to to spend on the phone with tech support when its on a weekly basis.    Im dissapointed. 

0 Likes