Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
9930 troubles
MMiller44263

This is my 3rd 9930 bold phone from Verizon in the past 6 months. I have the same problem over and over again. Verizon states all the can do is keep replacing it or I pay full price for a totally different phone. When a call is coming in and I am dialing out at the same time, it was show "call failed" on the screen. When I try calling out again or a call comes in after this error, I cannot hear the other person when I answer. Or when I try dialing out, there is no dialing tone. I need to take battery out every time this happens. Unfortunately, I use this cell for business. So how professional am I when I have to take the battery out, wait 5 minutes for the phone to reboot and have to explain to my clients that its my phone. This happened to me 8 times yesterday due to the fact that it was a heavy call day. What chaps my hide is that Verizon Wireless says, we can replace the phone AGAIN (4th time) or I would have to pay full price for another phone. I want to have a business where I can tell my clients, if they dont like our service, they still have to pay us and there is really nothing we could do about their concern but put a band-aid on the situation. I wish there was a cell phone out there for businesses that is JUST a cell phone and e mail! HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 9930 troubles
ryanduke

I have the exact problem.  Fortunately, I only use mine for personal use - it doesn't make it any less annoying.  Please let me know what happens if you find a fix for this problem.

0 Likes
MirLynn2000

I have the same problem, instead of pulling the battery though, you can press ALT+Shift(right button)+Del and it will reboot the phone.

For me though, I don't even have to call someone at the same time they call me, it just happens randomly

0 Likes
new9930

I have exact same issue...completely random as far as I can tell....this is a really buggy phone....my wife's iPhone has zero issues....I like the 9930 when it works, but as one of the other responders said earlier....very un-professional when this happens....this phone and the calls I make are a key part of my job...not good...any solutions out there?

0 Likes