A question for Verizon... when is enough...... enough
bigjoe
Let me start off like this I like the storm 9530 I purchased my first storm at the end of January.  Since then, I've had it replaced three times with hardware issues..  and of course they were replaced with no questions asked.  And I appreciate that.  But that's not the problem the problem is,  Reliability of this phones... all three phones.  Had glitches.  When I tried to dial out.. slow, sluggish response.  Freezing.  Or simply would not connect on numerous occasions when I've had to make a call in a hurry the phone either froze or refused to dial out, which required a battery poll.. which I find frustrating.... I do travel 3 to 4 times a month and my phone is my lifeline to home.  And business........ I am tired and very unhappy with the constant.. battery pulls haven't or turning it off.  And turn it back on to get this phone to operate... it is the most unreliable phone.  I've had from Blackberry... and the question is, when is enough  a  enough before I had the storm.  I had a world edition which was bulletproof  when I called out it connected when I pulled it out of its holster.  It was functioning unlike the storm, which on countless times give me the white screen of death for several minutes after pulling out of the holster, which required a battery pull last phone I had[the second one] had the updated operating system on before it failed.  I am now on number three.  The question I have, I would like to have a reliable phone.  It's obvious that it isn't the storm.. I would like to have another world edition..... because of its reliability.... if I have to pay full price off-the-shelf to have one.  What's the point to being with Verizon I can pay the 175 to cancel the contract and go to AT&T and have a reliable phone....... is there any way to exchange my current working storm for a new world edition Im willing even to pay for it, but not full price........ I would like to hear from Verizon.  More than anyone else thinks       ps I'm not trying to get something for free.  I would like to have this issue resolved, but I will not be with Verizon much longer.  If I have to use the storm.  I know I made a bad decision in buying it and I regret it
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: A question for Verizon... when is enough...... enough
BlackBerry_i812

As a User, My two cents worth, would be to recommend that you contact Verizone Wireless Customer Service Directly..

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
I agree and you arent the only person, I ditched mine after the first week  and went back to the curve. I would not go after the 8830 now since we are about a month away from the launch of the Tour which is probably more of what you are looking for anyway. I have heard that after four phones and some phone calls Verizon is offering deals on trading the phone. I would just hate to do it so close to the launch of new better device. Just my .02
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Simple question. What type of service plan do you have with Verizon? You can go to AT&T, but their plans are different than Verizon. You have to pay to get what you want. Are you "sure" they replaced with no questions asked? Maybe you're getting "too excited" when using the Storm being "on the go" most of the time. What network did you have with the world edition of a cell phone? You should have stayed there, and stick with that phone or a similar one.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Verizon currently has two world edition phones (8830 and storm) so I assume the OP had the 8830 before.The Tour and Storm 2 will also be WE phones.
0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Big Joe

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Storm.  The one you have now does it have the current OS update installed yet?  The white screen you’re talking about in your post is corrected as well as numerous other issues.  If you are totally over the Storm and really do not care to update, please give our customer service team a call and they can assist you in getting a world phone:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...

Please keep us updated on how things continue for you!

0 Likes