AUDI BLUETOOTH PAIRING
tlennertz

SHORT VERSION; AUDI Q5 PAIRING WITH BLACKBERRY TOUR VERIZON BLUETOOTH DOES NOT WORK. WITH VERIZON SERVICE ONLY, THE VEHICLE DIALS AN "UNKNOWN" NUMBER WHEN THE BLUETTOTH PAIRS YET THE BLACKBERRY HAS NO ACTIVITY. TO DISCONNECT THE "UNKNOWN" NUMBER I MUST DISCONNECT THE BLUETOOTH. SPRINT, METRO AND ATT WERE ALL TESTED AND ALL PASSED. THIS WAS IDENTIFED AT AUDI AS A VERIZON ISSUE. ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION?

LONG VERSION: I RECENTLY PURCHASED THE 2010 AUDI Q5. I WAS ABLE TO PAIR AND USE THE BLACKBERRY TOUR FOR THE FIRST TWO DAYS. ON DAY THREE, WHEN THE BLUETOOTH PAIRED, THE CAR WOULD CONNECT TO AN UNKNOWN NUMBER AND THE CALL TIMER WAS COUNTING HOWEVER NO CALL WAS CONNECTED. THIS OF COURSE, BLACKED OUT ALL OTHER ELECTRONICS BECAUSE THE CAR THOUGHT I WAS ON THE PHONE. THE PHONE LOG IS BLANK AND NO CALL IS SHOWING LIVE TO ANY NUMBER MUCH LESS AN UNKNOWN NUMBER. IF I DIAL A NEW CALL OUT IT DOES CONNECT AND I AM ABLE TO TALK.  THE ONLY MEANS OF DISCONNECT WAS VIA THE BLACKBERRY ITSELF, DISBALING THE BLUETOOTH,  AS THE CAR PHONE PAD WAS FROZEN. AFTER MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS TO REPROGRAM MYSELF TWITH NO SUCCESS, BACK TO THE DEALER I WENT WITH MY PROBLEM.

AFTER RETURNING TO THE CAR DEALER AND REVIEWING THIS PROBLEM THE DEALER HAD NEVER SEEN THIS AND TRIED TO RESET THE VEHICLE TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND FURTHER TESTED BLUETOOTH PAIRING WITH SPRINT. METRO AND ATT EQUIPMENT - ALL CONNECTED WITHOUT ISSUE. THE VERIZON PHONES WERE THE ONLY CONNECTION ISSUE WITH THIS UNKNOWN NUMBER PROBLEM. THE DEALER ADVISED ME THAT NOT ALL CELL CARRIERS ARE TESTED WITH AUDI AND THAT MANY CARRIERS DO NOT WANT TO CREATE THE PATCH REQUIRED FOR BLUETOOTH PAIRING. AUDI ADVISED THIS PROBLEM IS A VERIZON PROBELM AND I SHOUDL CALL VERIZON.

AFTER CONTACTING VERIZON AND UPGRADING MY BLACKBERRY TOUR SOFTWARE PLATFORM - THE BLUETOOTH PAIRING WORKED AGAIN BUT FOR ONLY 2.5 DAYS AND THE PROBLEM HAS RETURNED.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: AUDI BLUETOOTH PAIRING
audi

I am having the same problem with bluetooth and audi q5 where cannot use phone and radio at same time.  Was this problem ever fixed?  I've been to audi and to verizon.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

The most current update on Bluetooth pairing was from April 13, 2010 per Audi. I have provided a link for further assistance and Bluetooth pairing issues related to the vehicle need to be addressed via the car manufacture.

The link is 

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/exp/innovation/mobile_phone_connection.html

Thanks,

edw@vzwsupport

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport   

0 Likes
audibbtooth

I just had the same exact problem with a 2010 Audi S5 paired with a BlackBerry 9300 on Verizon. It led me to turn off bluetooth in the S5 for a few days. Dug around the internet a bit and encountered this thread along with a couple of others. In another thread someone mentioned that for some phones the pairing must be initiated from the phone rather than the car, which is not what I did initially. I deleted the existing bluetooth connections and put the S5 in discoverable mode, then searched for new bluetooth devices from the BB. It found the S5, and after pairing this way, everything works perfectly. Couldn't find this little bit of useful information in the audi link referenced above...

0 Likes