Activating phone online - ????????
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

A few months ago....I had to warranty replace my BB Tour.

It arrived, I activated it....no problems.    I also swap phones occasionally with another phone I have ( a droid.)

The weird thing is, I can activate the Droid with NO problem online.  But when I try to go online and switch back to the Tour...

It asks me to verify order number:

Verify Order Number and Location Code listed on your Customer Receipt included with your phone shipment.

Order No:

Location Code:

Also asks for last 4 of my ssn.

Why is it still doing this even though I have activated this phone on my account already?
Then it refuses to activate online and I have to call CS.
Can this "order" be removed from my account so I can activate the Tour without calling CS?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activating phone online - ????????
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello. I have read your post and understand the issue you are having with not being able to properly activate the Tour onto your account. When you sign into your online account to activate your phone, make sure you select Activate Existing Device and not New Device. If you select Activate Existing Device you should then be asked to only enter in the HEX or DEC number then your device should then be able to process and be programmed. If that does not work you can also call *228 press send and select option 1 to activate the device.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: Activating phone online - ????????
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

It doesn't matter how I try to do it.  I can click "Activate My New or Existing Phone", or "Activate Phone"....it doesn't matter .  It takes me to the same activation screens and I get the same result....it asks to verify ORDER number from my warranty replacement.

*228 never works either. 

I just don't understand why the order can't be marked as completed to stop that verification from coming up and just let me activate the phone.

0 Likes