After downloading OS7.1.0.755 last night, my phone is stuck on 8% backup progress. I tried to turn off my phone and take out the battery and it just goes back to this same page.
wiggs1380

I started the upgrade last night and it has been stuck on Backing up Data at 8% overall backup for the last 10hrs.  I have tried to turn off the phone and take out the battery but it just goes back to this page.  I did notice that as soon as the backup started, it turned my wireless off.  I can't figure out how to get to my regular screen to try to turn it back on or get to my regular settings.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: After downloading OS7.1.0.755 last night, my phone is stuck on 8% backup progress. I tried to turn off my phone and take out the battery and it just goes back to this same page.
cuddlebugwhite2

A very similar issue has happened to me today in the middle of an software update it's been stuck at 15% for 2 hours and I have even removed the battery from the back but nothing it seems the signal phone service is off.

0 Likes
Re: After downloading OS7.1.0.755 last night, my phone is stuck on 8% backup progress. I tried to turn off my phone and take out the battery and it just goes back to this same page.
elsid41274
Enthusiast - Level 2

same here, just a blank black screen.  It did a few things. A few hours ago, patched os and patched java, but nothing in last 4 hours.  Been a total of 9 hours now with no phone

0 Likes
mropulent

I currently have the same problem. I started the download last night at 1am. I am stuck at 10% backup progress and have taken the battery out several times. All it does is come back to 10% and stop. I have tried doing a hard reset. I use my phone for work and am being terribly inconvienced because of this. I am looking into the iphone or android RIGHT NOW!!! I have had blackberries for the last 5 years. They work great for the first 5-6 months. then the problems arise. ALWAYS..No way is my next phone going to be a blackberry. People look at me like im stupid for having it this long. It been over 15 hours now with no access to my phone. And i have to wait until i get home from the office to see if using the PC desktop application will help. Blackberry, you guys are finished....people will wonder what happened to you just like what happened to PALM phones...your R & D department sucks..

0 Likes
CAL926
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please use the BB Desktop manager to resolve your issue. I ran into the same problem.

Here's what I did.

1. Plugged my BB into my computer using the oem cable

2.Launched BB Desktop manager

3.Waited for the device to register with the software

-A popup indicating an update was available for my phone

4. Downloaded and installed the update.

5. Phone was restored after the installation and boot process.

0 Likes
JMGrace07

Please help! Same problem as all the posts above. I tried CAL926's suggestion, but can't seem to get BB Desktop Mgr - which I installed long ago - to recognize the Bberry device, which is still "stuck" on the update. At Restoring Your Data, over night it went from 1% progress to 3%. I also desparately need my phone

Question: Did you take battery out of BBerry first, for how long, did it stop the flawed update finally, and THEN did you connect device to BB Desktop Mgr and run the application? Is that the missing step to stop this infernal update?

Anyone who can help me with this, bless you. Will go to Verizon store where I bought device today, but they're clueless.

0 Likes
JMGrace07

See above post, if anyone's out there reading? Does anyone know how to "trick" a Blackberry Bold 9930, stuck with a Verizon software update that is beyond sluggish - 2 days, crawling to 3 percent progress - so I can uninstall this App and download it as needed through my BBerry Desktop Mgr? (Desktop Mgr won't synch to the device because it's stuck in this sluggish App mode. Tried working with Verizon tech support, tried synching it with battery out of the device and plugged in with USB to the Dekstop Mgr - no dice.

Have ordered a new Bold through Verizon. Still, tgrying to save and fix this one.

Any help out there in cyberspace from a fellow suffering BBerry user?

Peaceful Christmas Eve to all of you. An extra gift in your stocking if you can help!

0 Likes
CAL926
Enthusiast - Level 3

Could you take a photo of the screen you can't get passed? Have you updated BlackBerry Desktop Manager? That could solve the problem. I know I hadn't used it in ages and when it came time for the BB OS update, I installed the BB DM update first. In my experience, it never hurts to have the most up to date software on both ends!

0 Likes
danamg7

Something similar happened to me -- after downloading a software update, the phone rebooted and won't finish turn on. I tried removing the battery and doing it again -- it does the same thing. Loads to about 33% and then stops. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Likes
CAL926
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try plugging your BlackBerry into your computer using the micro usb cable. Open BlackBerry Desktop manager and try to update your phone that way. I would hope it will manipulate your device into pushing past 33%. If that doesn't work, grab your charger and power on your device, let it do whatever it wants. If it looks like it's taking forever or the status bar is not moving, just let is sit and come back in 15-30 minutes to check on it's progress. A month ago my BB's boot time started to slow down and not move at all. I thought what app did I install that has screwed over my phone? It eventually reached 100%. So far never experienced that issue again. Could have been a bug. Good luck.

0 Likes