All calls go directly to voice mail
tcomo

Hope someone can help because Tech Support has failed to fix this for three weeks now.

Wife and I have had the Storm 9530 for two months. Three weeks ago, mine developed an issue where all calls go directly to voice mail and usually, I can't call out; phone says it's calling but I get dead air. While this is happening, I can still browse and download digital content. Tech support has wiped the phone twice and now has replaced it with a new device; same problem. There's now a trouble ticket for engineers but I'm tired of waiting.

Anyone have a clue?

If I power the phone down and turn it back on, I can make and receive calls immediately. Within an hour, the issue returns. It's as if I'm getting dumped off the Verizon network.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: All calls go directly to voice mail
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
If you've replaced the phone already and the problem is still happening, you'll just have to be patient and wait for the network techs to resolve the issue.
0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

When this happens, what's your signal like, 1X, 1XEV, 1x, 1xev, or just EV this will make a difference. If you only have the EV signal your voice won't work (EV is data only). Also do you have third party apps installed, I had the same problem caused by a third party app. It would drop my digital voice signal. Sorry I can't remember the specific app.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I would try to update the PRL.  Dial *228 and select option 2.  See what that does for you.

Doc

0 Likes
tcomo

Thanks folks...

It's always 1XEV and no third-party apps. Since we wiped the phone, all I've installed is voice mailbox. I tried the PRL update earlier but will give it another go.

0 Likes