Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
All calls go directly to voice mail
tcomo

Hope someone can help because Tech Support has failed to fix this for three weeks now.

Wife and I have had the Storm 9530 for two months. Three weeks ago, mine developed an issue where all calls go directly to voice mail and usually, I can't call out; phone says it's calling but I get dead air. While this is happening, I can still browse and download digital content. Tech support has wiped the phone twice and now has replaced it with a new device; same problem. There's now a trouble ticket for engineers but I'm tired of waiting.

Anyone have a clue?

If I power the phone down and turn it back on, I can make and receive calls immediately. Within an hour, the issue returns. It's as if I'm getting dumped off the Verizon network.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: All calls go directly to voice mail
Zehan
Novice
If you've replaced the phone already and the problem is still happening, you'll just have to be patient and wait for the network techs to resolve the issue.
0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

When this happens, what's your signal like, 1X, 1XEV, 1x, 1xev, or just EV this will make a difference. If you only have the EV signal your voice won't work (EV is data only). Also do you have third party apps installed, I had the same problem caused by a third party app. It would drop my digital voice signal. Sorry I can't remember the specific app.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

I would try to update the PRL.  Dial *228 and select option 2.  See what that does for you.

Doc

0 Likes
tcomo

Thanks folks...

It's always 1XEV and no third-party apps. Since we wiped the phone, all I've installed is voice mailbox. I tried the PRL update earlier but will give it another go.

0 Likes