Application Permit
McNana

I keep getting the message 'Do you want to allow the application syncmon_ba_bb8330 to act as a server?' on my phone.  Why & how to I get it to stop popping up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Application Permit
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Landrigan,

This decision of saying yes to allow the application to be a server would be up to you and your trust of the site being accessed.  A new version of an application may not be trusted and/or it could be a security attack where a malicious app is replacing an existing one, trying to leverage its permissions. Your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator can create a software configuration that is pushed down with the application that grants the application permissions so you would not need to grant the permissions. Before saying yes, check with your IT department as there could be a firewall issue hindering your access.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

McNana wrote:

I keep getting the message 'Do you want to allow the application syncmon_ba_bb8330 to act as a server?' on my phone.  Why & how to I get it to stop popping up?

Is there a box to check that says, "Don't display this message in the future" or something like that? Check it and say No or Yes.

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello McNana. We may need to complete troubleshooting to address your concerns. I will send a PM to you,  once received, please reply  and include your mobile number, your name and a contact number. I will contact you to provide troubleshooting assistance.   

Thank you, 

ChaunceyM_VZW Support

0 Likes
mlandrigan

I'm having the same problem every time I restart my Blackberry. Should I just say "yes" to this? 

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Mlandrigan, 

I wanted to ask a couple of questions, in case you have not already "checked" through this screen.

Just to clarify, when you ask "Should I just say yes to this?" do you mean should you say yes to 'Do you want to allow the application syncmon_ba_bb8330 to act as a server?' or do you mean should you say yes to "Don't display this message in the future?"

Please let us know, thanks!

0 Likes
mlandrigan

HI, Sorry for not seeing your response I was out of town. I'm wondering if I shoud say yes to it being a server? Thanks

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Landrigan,

This decision of saying yes to allow the application to be a server would be up to you and your trust of the site being accessed.  A new version of an application may not be trusted and/or it could be a security attack where a malicious app is replacing an existing one, trying to leverage its permissions. Your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator can create a software configuration that is pushed down with the application that grants the application permissions so you would not need to grant the permissions. Before saying yes, check with your IT department as there could be a firewall issue hindering your access.

0 Likes