blackberrystorm

I wish there would be more apps available for the blackberry's. The blackberry is just as good as the Droid.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apps
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Is there a particular app you are looking for, or is there something you want your Blackberry to do? 

Doc

0 Likes
Not applicable

I just want to be able to get this Skype, NFL, and other crap they keep pushing to my BB off of here. You dump junk on my phone with out a way to get rid of it. Can't even use the software to get it out. I don't want it hidden I want it out. Put that junk in the app store and let people download it if they want it but quit SPAMMING junk on my phone! At least make it able to be deleted. Same goes for the Facebook, Twitter, AIM, Yahoo all this garbage that I have no intention of ever using. It's my phone let me put on my own apps and get rid of the junk I don't want.

Thankyou very little.

0 Likes
beechan2

I've been trying to figure this out as well. I brought my Blackberry to a Verizon Wireless store about a month ago and asked about this. The employee showed me the Applications area on the phone, but that only works for certain applications.

It doesn't show Slacker, Skype, or that NFL app. No way to get rid of those apps the normal way. Why the heck would I want anything that has to do with the NFL on my phone when I don't even LIKE football?

For now, I just have those apps hidden, but I'd like to have them permanetly removed, as they're just a waste of space.

~~Bee

0 Likes
katinthehat

I've been frustrated by the apps added on without my consent, too.   I did some heavy duty searching and found this - and it appears to have taken care of it.

on the menu, select Options

Advanced Options

Service Book

now you see a list of the apps on your BB

select the app of your choice (I deleted NFL Mobile, bing, and Skype)

left click, select Delete, and POOF!

0 Likes
bstorm2b

There is no way to get rid of them. They are not apps,but just links to download the app.Everytime you do a battery pull they will reappear. Also you might want to take a closer look at your contract.

Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device. And this is with all carriers not just VZW. So hide them or dont use a blackberry.

0 Likes