Are We Missing Out?!
blahblah777

So, I asked a question previously asking if Verizon will ever get the Blackberry Bold 9700 or 9780. Occording to my answer, it looks like im out of luck. I really liked the design and the fact that they both come in white. I love the white color. What I'm here to ask is do you think we're missing out because Verizon does not have the Bold 9700 or 9780. Should we be satisfied with the 9650? I know we have better call quality. Also, is there absolutlely ANY chance that we may get the Bold 9700 or 9780??!!!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are We Missing Out?!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

blahblah777 wrote:

So, I asked a question previously asking if Verizon will ever get the Blackberry Bold 9700 or 9780. Occording to my answer, it looks like im out of luck. I really liked the design and the fact that they both come in white. I love the white color. What I'm here to ask is do you think we're missing out because Verizon does not have the Bold 9700 or 9780. Should we be satisfied with the 9650? I know we have better call quality. Also, is there absolutlely ANY chance that we may get the Bold 9700 or 9780??!!!

Thanks!

Hi,

First, to answer your question about the 9700 and 9780, those devices are strictly for GSM carriers, so they will never be available for CDMA carriers like VZW and Sprint.  The good news is that a newer, updated Bold is probably in the works.  I do not know what the device number will be, but I am sure you will be happy.  I, too, like you hope we are given choices for colors.  Also, I look for the Style to be released soon on Verizon.  That should make a lot of folks happy, especially those looking for a flip phone. 

As far as missing out, my opinion is that all Blackberry fans have been missing out over the past few months at Verizon.  It seems like Verizon has been really pushing the Android phones and now the iPhone.  Don't get me wrong, I think both of those type of devices are great and I am sure a lot of people are happy with their Android and soon to be with their iPhones.  I just think Blackberry users have been missing out because of the hype for the other type of devices. 

Now that we are into a new year, I am hoping RIM will release some great CDMA devices that Verizon can sell.  I really would love a device with the features of the Torch made for the CDMA users.  In fact, I was reading this morning over at Crackberry of a device codenamed Dakota which might be just that device.  We shall see.  To Blackberry users like you who are trying to be patient, waiting on RIM and Verizon, just keep being patient.  The Bold 9650 is a great device and I have enjoyed mine for the past few months.  If you are thinking about getting one, you will not be disappointed. 

Sincerely,

Doc

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

OP, do you feel comfortable changing the housing on a Bold? That's a possibility, ordering the parts in white and doing it yourself. It will void your warranty, but what's more important here?  :smileyhappy:

Doc, I really hope you're right about the Style coming soon!!!!! Did you read anything on this recently? I haven't been reading as many tech blogs this week because of iPhone information overload. That newest rumored Curve, the "Apollo," looks pretty good too. 

0 Likes
blahblah777

Thanks! Do you think the new Bold that RIM is working on will be out before the spring or during the spring? If so, will it be CDMA (?) or verizon capable?? I hope its in white haha. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I always buy a case for any BB I have. There are some hard cases that are pretty slim. In fact the one I have on my Tour is slim enough so I can still use the OEM holster. That would be a good option for a 'White' VZW BB!

0 Likes
OsheaG
Contributor - Level 2

We do not have this information yet. As soon as we know we will share.

0 Likes