At this time, there appears to be an issue with BIS data services.
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

At this time, there appears to be an issue with BIS data services. Customers may be impacted in one (or more) of the follwing ways: Unable to send/receive email, Blackberry Messenger not working, Browser Icon not appearing on new activations/recent ESN changes

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

A resolution is being worked on and your patience is appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: At this time, there appears to be an issue with BIS data services.
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

I do apologize for not posting updates any faster then available to me.  As many users have stated this is a RIM issue and has nothing to do with Verizon Wireless, except the disruption it has caused Verizon Wireless customers.  There are several stories on the net discussing the outage, here are a few links:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2009-12-23/rim-says-some-blackberry-users-suffering-delays-update1-...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2357516,00.asp

While it is being reported on the net that this issue is resolved Twitter users are still reporting outage in messageing:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/742259--blackberry-email-goes-down-in-the-americas

Please let me know if you are back up and running.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deedums11

Could this also be the cause of why I lost all my BB messgae contacts?

0 Likes
cjlewis

Hi Michele,

Any ETA on this yet? Considering the length of the outage so far and the apparently large area affected (based on some BB message boards), I assume we're talking something pretty "serious" here.

0 Likes
PatrickTX

Any update yet?  This is ridiculous.

is this just a verizon issue or are all carriers experiencing?

0 Likes
skp683

This couldn't have come at a worse time. This is very ridiculous! Any ETA would be nice.

0 Likes
skp683

lol to everyone above ....... it looks like we all registered today :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
bceagle90

Thanks for the update but after spending some $$ to get my wife and I BlackBerry Curves yesterday, you can sense the frustration I, as well as many others have.

And of course this is the second time in a week this has happened!  :smileysad:

0 Likes
richjb54

8:06 PM and still issues.  Apps are all out and no emails being received.:mansad:

0 Likes
cjlewis

PatrickTX: Based on the conversation going on in the Crackberry Forums, I'd say it's all carriers. Sounds like it's an issue with RIM's servers, not VZW.

0 Likes
PatrickTX

Thanks.

0 Likes