Re: At this time, there appears to be an issue with BIS data services.
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey guys, You need to upgrade your bbm Now, apparently blackberry messenger (.55 .56) that cuased an unanticipated issue within blackberry infrastructure.
RIM as taken everything undercontrol now. So if you have upgraded since Dec 14 you need to upgrade to .57
RIM apologizes for any inconvenience this has taken and is monitoring to maintain normal level.

0 Likes
mcgar038

I just purchased my blackberry yesterday and the data was down at the time. I'm not even sure if I have to, or how to, upgrade it like they're saying for it to work. Otherwise do I just take out the battery and see if the browser happens to work? After not being able to use it, I even forgot where I'm going to find all of the apps to get and whatnot. A little help would be lovely, thank you.

0 Likes
gozips

Having an issue downloading version .57 of BB Messenger.  Just states "loading"  nowhere near install.

0 Likes
jreilly37

Upgraded BBM...Still not working.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

jreilly37 wrote:

Upgraded BBM...Still not working.

Your issue might be more then this outage, please call *611 to contact customer service so they can go through all the trouble shooting steps with you.

0 Likes
CQRT

This instability is simply unacceptable - while I understand it's RIM and not Verizon, BB users should have received an SMS message from Verizon reporting the data outage.

I would also think RIM should compensate users- via Verizon- for one month of service and offer a discount on a replacement device (if there is one that's more stable).

The Verizon help desk/customer service folks are nice- but they didn't have much solid information to impart.

Whether it resulted from a DNS attack or the claimed software update that failed (which seems doubtful since one assumes the patch should have been tested) - - two in one week is simly unacceptable. One more, and I'm outta here.

0 Likes