Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BACKBERRY PROBLEMS AND NO ONE AT VERIZON TO HELP?
KingofJakes

How is this,   for four months  most of my contacts disappear overnight   when I wake up  the ones that were saved, multiply by 10   isn't that great?  I start with 900 contacts,   200 of my original contacts are left   and then those 200 contacts become 2000   isn't that great   then try calling Verizon,   after 45 minutes on hold, I get people who don't even own phones   no one can help   Also  about 10 times a day my phone jus shuts off    maybe I should get a new one,    I did   well not a new one but someone else"s broken one that has been recycled   isn't that great   and NO ONE AT VERIZON TO HELP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BACKBERRY PROBLEMS AND NO ONE AT VERIZON TO HELP?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi KingofJakes,

Device issues are definitely not fun! We expect our devices to work properly and function when needed. My apologies that your old device may have been having these types of issues. Do you recall if the Blackberry is still under warranty? What device are you using now? Has any troubleshooting ever been completed for this issue? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
47seijar

When I first activated my Q10 I had both disappearing contacts and phantom linking of unrelated contacts. It seemed to be caused by glitches in early versions of BB10.1 along with using more than one cloud-based database for contacts. Additionally, Verizon's BackUp+ seemed responsible for some of the havoc.

The latest Verizon release of BB10.1 sorted my issues, but only after wiping my device and setting it up from scratch. And of course I set it up with only iCloud as a source for my contacts. No Facebook contacts, no Gmail contacts, and definitely do not have anything to do with BackUp+.

0 Likes
SydneyK

I second what 47seijar wrote. Random restarts and problems with contacts were both features of the earliest BB10 releases. I found it easier to download the software updates over the air right from the phone. When I tried it using BB Link on my computer, I waited an hour and it still didn't successfully install.

I think the updates might fix your issues and you won't have to do a warranty exchange. Post back if you have further problems because we can try other things, like a factory reset or reloading the OS.

0 Likes
sanny

If q10 or z10, bypass Verizon customer support. Go to Blackberry.com and call the customer service # listed for U.S. customers.

Blackberry did not properly train Verizon reps. The fear of buyer to purchase the phones due to the uncertainty of the company, coupled with the monetary pressure on Verizon to sell Apple and Samsung products don't help the situation.

0 Likes
47seijar

You won't get any (unpaid) help by calling BlackBerry directly. Your best bet for help is to sign up at a support forum like BlackBerryForums or CrackBerry. No carrier has adequate BlackBerry support. BlackBerrys have always been specialized devices and customer support at carriers seems to view BlackBerrys as voodoo. This has always been the case, but it's gotten even worse with BB10. When BlackBerry dropped BB10 on us they were desperate, having delayed it's release far too long. They were looking at BB10 as the thing that would save them and in their haste they pushed out an operating system that barely qualified as beta software. Add the usual poor level of customer support for the platform (that goes all the way back to OS4) to the unusually high number of  problems with BB10 and you get some mighty frustrated users.

The good news is that BB10.2 gets the operating system to a respectable level of performance and stability. Use Sachesi to download and install the Rogers version (information available on CrackBerry) or wait it out until Verizon releases 10.2.

sanny

I concur that Crackberry and Blackberry forums can be helpful with certain issues.  I've had a positive experience calling Blackberry directly with major issues experienced on my 1st and 2nd q10.  Blackberry is fully aware that the carriers in the U.S. are not trained on the q or z10. They are very helpful in setting up Blackberrylink, covering topics not explained in the manual, etc. If you've had  your phone for an extended period of time, calling BB customer support  will probably not give you the best results. Though, if  new and in the U.S., call the number on the BB site for the quickest and best answers.

0 Likes
SydneyK

While calling BlackBerry directly is helpful, it's only free for two weeks after activation of a new Z10 or Q10. Since this thread was started on Nov. 8, that wouldn't be an option. The only other way to get free telephone support from BlackBerry directly is if a Verizon tech support cannot help you and transfers you. Otherwise, I believe it costs $60.

0 Likes
lieu_e1

I need help 😞   my headphone jack thing is totally. Not wrking its not broke or anything. It wrked one night woke up nxt morning didn't wrk? Waaa boo hoo I hate this. There's not even the option n my menu too turn it on any more only the spakerphone and device thing!!! HELP, love u 4 Eva! And by the WY I love <3my blkberry<3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want you to have a working phone lieu.e1!

You can try removing the battery, and also inserting/removing a pair of headphones. If this doesn't allow it to start working, it may be your headset port. How long have you owned your blackberry? What make & model Blackberry do you have? Is there any physical or liquid damage to the device?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport