BACKUP ASSISTANT
JIMBRES

I have deleted the Backup Assistant on my Tour, can anybody help me with reloading it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BACKUP ASSISTANT
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The application is actually pre-installed with no way to delete. You may have hidden it. You can unhide it by pressing the menu key from the home screen and select "show all." Once you have done this select on the application for it to be loaded.

Step 1: The Backup Assistant icon can be found in the main menu of your BlackBerry device. Click on the icon and follow the instructions to download the application.

Step 2: You will need to enter your PIN in order to restore your contacts. New Backup Assistant users will create their PIN. Depending on your account settings, you can also view your PIN on your device if you forgot it.

Step 3: Your device will then sync with the Backup Assistant server. Any contacts on the server will transfer to your device, and any new contacts on your device will be backed up to the server. Backup Assistant setup is now complete.

Here is the link for more information: http://tinyurl.com/2ax2uko

0 Likes
PatrickM

I receive a "database error" when backup assistant runs daily.  This began about three weeks ago.  I have not been able to resolve this.  Any suggestions?  I've done a restart, and checked the PIN.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your Backup Assistant app to run smoothly PatrickM! Does the update run successfully once click past the error? Are you receiving errors with any of your  other apps? If you are unable to proceed beyond the error message and you are only experiencing issues with Backup Assistant, I recommend deleting the app and then readding it. http://bit.ly/ISRJSK

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport 

0 Likes