BACKUP ASSISTANT???
MissyTee

I JUST BOUGHT A NEW BLACKBERRY STORM YESTERDAY AND I LOVE IT!  

MY QUESTION IS: IS THERE A WAY TO TRANSFER ALL OF MY PHONE CONTACTS FROM BACKUP ASSISTANT FROM MY OLD PHONE (LG ENV),  TO MY NEW BLACKBERRY??

I HAVE OVER 300 CONTACTS AND IDEA OF HAVING TO TYPE EACH ONE OF THEM INDIVIDUALLY IS NOT APPEALING.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS,

MELISSA

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BACKUP ASSISTANT???
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Backup Assistant will not work with the Blackberry currently.  The best thing you can do is have a store transfer your contacts over to the Blackberry and then use the Desktop Manager software to back them up and anything else you want to save to your computer.  Then as you add contacts,photos,etc you can keep backing up to your pc.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

nmchileman wrote:

Backup Assistant now supports advanced devices!! ...sorta

Sorta is right!  :smileyhappy:  Think I will stick to what I advised above.

0 Likes
MissyTee

OK, well I, well I tried that CSV import/export thing...and it is not working...I am pretty computer literate, but what the ?????

I saved the file, then went to look for it and it wasn't there, tried to activate my Blackberry and said, "not able to complete", ..way too many steps if you ask me.......think I will just take it to the store and let them do it for me...

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

MissyTee wrote:

OK, well I, well I tried that CSV import/export thing...and it is not working...I am pretty computer literate, but what the ?????

I saved the file, then went to look for it and it wasn't there, tried to activate my Blackberry and said, "not able to complete", ..way too many steps if you ask me.......think I will just take it to the store and let them do it for me...

Then like I advised above download the newest Desktop Manager and back up from there.  I use it all the time works well.  You can back up everything at once or choose what you want.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

It should be pretty easy and self explanatory if you follow the screen shots. A lot of steps, maybe. But a lot easier than doing it manually or otherwise. I helped a 65 year old lady do it today over the phone with her Tour. Took us less than 10 minutes. My grandma, bless her heart, is definitely NOT the most computer literate person. She said the pictures really helped.

I did it myself with an Android this morning. Took me about 5 minutes to import all my contacts to Gmail and sync back to Android.

So...I don't know what you're missing.

0 Likes