BB 10 Cost with contract
tbluhpshyme

Currently I am on a month to month plan no contract Smiley Happy The thing is I want the BB10 devices how much will it cost me and any ideas on when in March they go on sale? I looking at the touchscreen more then the keyboard version.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB 10 Cost with contract
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since there have been no official announcements, it's ALL speculation, and you can read all the tech blogs and CrackBerry and still not KNOW.  Latest *rumor* is mid-March for the Z10 (touchscreen) and 2nd quarter for the Q10 (keyboard).  I read somewhere (can't remember which blog it was...) that contract price will be $199.  But again, NOTHING has been announced so nothing is KNOWN.

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

I have read the same thing as Suzy Q about price and release date.  I recently read the latest rumor that Verizon was going to wait until April and release both the Z10 and the Q10 at the same time....I hope they do not wait that long....

0 Likes
organized_mayhem
Enthusiast - Level 2

Price has been announced. VZW posted this press release on Z10 launch day 1/30. $199/2 yr contract.

http://http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/01/blackberry-10.html

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

organized_mayhem wrote:

Price has been announced. VZW posted this press release on Z10 launch day 1/30. $199/2 yr contract.

Your link is bad.  Corrected. http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/01/blackberry-10.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

The question is whether Verizon will subsidize a portion of the cost, if you do not enter into a contract with them.  I have never been month to month so I am not sure how that impacts hardware cost.  Did you pay the full retail price for your current phone?  If so, you can expect to pay full retail price for the Z 10.  I would guess that they will sell it for $600-$700 at full retail price.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want to pay the discounted price, $199.00, you will sign a contract and agree to keep your line of service active for 24 months.  In order to have the Z10, Q10, or any other Verizon phone on Verizon's network without a contract, you need to pay full retail price at a Verizon store or purchase from some other source.

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Suzy.  I thought you would pay full price without a contract. I was just trying to respond to the original post which is still listed as not answered.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

leewclark wrote:

Thanks Suzy.  I thought you would pay full price without a contract. I was just trying to respond to the original post which is still listed as not answered.

I read that post to say the OP is currently on month to month - which means his previous contract has ended. And the title of the post is cost with contract.  So I took it to mean the OP is eligible to upgrade and willing to sign a new contract to get the BB10, and asked how much is the contract price?  Which we now "know" is $199.00....

And the OP has not been back to respond to any of the posts - he or she is the only one who can mark the post as "answered".

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

Gotcha....

0 Likes