BB 9550 Program upgrade
jideay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has a program upgrade for my storm 2. If I do the software upgrade, do I have to reload or reregister all the paid for apps I've purchased?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB 9550 Program upgrade
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

jideay wrote:

Verizon has a program upgrade for my storm 2. If I do the software upgrade, do I have to reload or reregister all the paid for apps I've purchased?

Yes you will, sorry. 

About the new OS, it leaked out awhile back. It has a few bugs. One main complaint is that bedside mode will not work if phone is plugged into a wall outlet but will work if plugged into your PC.  There are a few others such as popping noises in audio,lines in media player while playing music, and problems with open GL while gaming.

I suggest if you want this newest wait until a hybrid comes out for it that will correct some of the issues.  You can find information on what I have written here over at crackberry.com in the Storm 2 section.

Yes you would think that the Verizon testers would find these problems before a release but they don't. In my opinion they really don't care about BlackBerry users any longer thus the big push for Android devices.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3
Before you load the OS you should backup your BB with DM & backup your 3rd party apps with BBSAK or DMCP. After loading the OS restore your BB with DM & then you can use DM to restore your 3rd party apps.
0 Likes
Leesburgite

Hey Soccer Ref,

What are those back up utilities you are referring to?

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3
BBSAK=BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
DMCP=Desktop Master Control Program

Bbsak is simple & easy to use. Just Google BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife & you should find it. I know you can download it at BBTweaks.com
0 Likes
iyk1

yeah the storm 2 update really has a problem with the open GL for gaming

0 Likes